Gov’t Looking To Use More Properties To House Factories
Minister of Industry, Commerce, Agriculture and Fisheries, Audley Shaw has revealed that he intends to use more government properties to house factories.
According to the minister, a recent Investor Forum in Montego Bay, St James highlighted the dire need for factory space in Jamaica.
Mr. Shaw says the government is to commence with a nine-acre state-owned property in St Catherine.
“One of the things that I identified in that expo 2018 is a tremendous demand for factory space, for processing.
“And among the things I have decided to do and I am seeking the support of the Prime Minister and the cabinet is to appropriate more of the properties held by government to support the expansion of this particular sector”, said the minister.
He added: “I have decided…we’ve looked at 9 acres of land on Spanish Town road- the old AMC building. I wan’t to turn that into a modern agro-processing centre”.
Minister Shaw also says he will travel to the United States in September to re-establish the JAMPRO office in New York.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Accident Claims Life Of UWI Student In St Mary - July 16, 2018
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Secures Rare Sprint Double At World U20 Championships - July 14, 2018
- Petrol Prices Surge Locally - July 12, 2018
- Protoje Tops Billboard Reggae Chart - July 11, 2018
- Kartel Possibly One Step Closer To Freedom - July 9, 2018
- Elderly Man Suspected Of Committing Suicide In Kingston - July 8, 2018
- Kartel’s Appeal Trial To Commence Next Week - July 6, 2018
- Jamaican-American Actress Sheryl Lee Ralph Inducted Into ICS Wall Of Fame - July 4, 2018
- Zero Murders In St Ann Last Month - July 3, 2018
- Pregnant Woman Killed In Vicious Gun Attack In Portland - July 2, 2018