Gov’t Looking To Use More Properties To House Factories
Minister of Industry, Commerce, Agriculture and Fisheries, Audley Shaw has revealed that he intends to use more government properties to house factories.
According to the minister, a recent Investor Forum in Montego Bay, St James highlighted the dire need for factory space in Jamaica.
Mr. Shaw says the government is to commence with a nine-acre state-owned property in St Catherine.
“One of the things that I identified in that expo 2018 is a tremendous demand for factory space, for processing.
“And among the things I have decided to do and I am seeking the support of the Prime Minister and the cabinet is to appropriate more of the properties held by government to support the expansion of this particular sector”, said the minister.
He added: “I have decided…we’ve looked at 9 acres of land on Spanish Town road- the old AMC building. I wan’t to turn that into a modern agro-processing centre”.
Minister Shaw also says he will travel to the United States in September to re-establish the JAMPRO office in New York.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- US-Born Citizen Nearly Deported To Jamaica - December 7, 2018
- First Solo Art Exhibition For Maia Chung At Reggae Mill - December 4, 2018
- Dalton Harris Wins The X Factor - December 2, 2018
- Reggae Music Added To Global Cultural Heritage List - December 1, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Advances To X Factor Finals - November 26, 2018
- NRSC Commends Government On Passing Of Road Traffic Act 2018 - November 23, 2018
- Jamaica Defeats USA To Qualify For Rugby League World Cup - November 21, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Delivers Incredible Rendition Of Beyonce’s ‘Listen’ On X Factor UK - November 18, 2018
- Stunning Furnished Home For RENT In Stonebrook Estate - November 12, 2018
- Jamaican Author Dwight Thompson Delivers Hard-Hitting Coming-Of-Age Tale With Debut Novel - November 11, 2018