Gov’t Looking To Use More Properties To House Factories
Minister of Industry, Commerce, Agriculture and Fisheries, Audley Shaw has revealed that he intends to use more government properties to house factories.
According to the minister, a recent Investor Forum in Montego Bay, St James highlighted the dire need for factory space in Jamaica.
Mr. Shaw says the government is to commence with a nine-acre state-owned property in St Catherine.
“One of the things that I identified in that expo 2018 is a tremendous demand for factory space, for processing.
“And among the things I have decided to do and I am seeking the support of the Prime Minister and the cabinet is to appropriate more of the properties held by government to support the expansion of this particular sector”, said the minister.
He added: “I have decided…we’ve looked at 9 acres of land on Spanish Town road- the old AMC building. I wan’t to turn that into a modern agro-processing centre”.
Minister Shaw also says he will travel to the United States in September to re-establish the JAMPRO office in New York.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Historic! Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Qualify For The 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup - October 18, 2018
- Reggae Boy Luton Shelton Afflicted With ALS Disease - October 13, 2018
- Alia Atkinson Scares World Record - October 6, 2018
- Jamaica, Russia Sign Reciprocal Visa Waiver Agreement - October 2, 2018
- Buju’s Post Prison Tour In The Works - September 26, 2018
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018