Gov’t Looking To Use More Properties To House Factories
Minister of Industry, Commerce, Agriculture and Fisheries, Audley Shaw has revealed that he intends to use more government properties to house factories.
According to the minister, a recent Investor Forum in Montego Bay, St James highlighted the dire need for factory space in Jamaica.
Mr. Shaw says the government is to commence with a nine-acre state-owned property in St Catherine.
“One of the things that I identified in that expo 2018 is a tremendous demand for factory space, for processing.
“And among the things I have decided to do and I am seeking the support of the Prime Minister and the cabinet is to appropriate more of the properties held by government to support the expansion of this particular sector”, said the minister.
He added: “I have decided…we’ve looked at 9 acres of land on Spanish Town road- the old AMC building. I wan’t to turn that into a modern agro-processing centre”.
Minister Shaw also says he will travel to the United States in September to re-establish the JAMPRO office in New York.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019
- Ruffi Drops Hot New Single “Pressure” - January 28, 2019
- Home With Breathtaking Sea View For Sale In Oracabessa - January 26, 2019
- Reggae Girlz Train At Montego Bay Sports Complex Today - January 20, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites ‘Mad And Mean’ For Season 14 - January 16, 2019
- Here Is Why 2019 Will Be A Great Year For Tourism In Jamaica - January 15, 2019