Gov’t Looking To Use More Properties To House Factories
Minister of Industry, Commerce, Agriculture and Fisheries, Audley Shaw has revealed that he intends to use more government properties to house factories.
According to the minister, a recent Investor Forum in Montego Bay, St James highlighted the dire need for factory space in Jamaica.
Mr. Shaw says the government is to commence with a nine-acre state-owned property in St Catherine.
“One of the things that I identified in that expo 2018 is a tremendous demand for factory space, for processing.
“And among the things I have decided to do and I am seeking the support of the Prime Minister and the cabinet is to appropriate more of the properties held by government to support the expansion of this particular sector”, said the minister.
He added: “I have decided…we’ve looked at 9 acres of land on Spanish Town road- the old AMC building. I wan’t to turn that into a modern agro-processing centre”.
Minister Shaw also says he will travel to the United States in September to re-establish the JAMPRO office in New York.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018
- CSEC Results Show Significant Improvement Over Last Year - August 13, 2018
- Jamaican Dollar Flies Past $136 Against US - August 10, 2018
- Asphalt Supplies Now Available – Petrojam - August 9, 2018
- Alia Atkinson To Receive Order Of Distinction - August 7, 2018
- Police Recover Stolen Goats in Clarendon - August 6, 2018
- Foreign Exchange: J$135.46 To One US Dollar - August 4, 2018
- Ruffi Drops Music Video For His Hit Single ‘Survive’ - August 1, 2018
- Power Star Applies For Jamaican Citizenship - July 31, 2018
- Yendi Phillipps Gets Baptised - July 30, 2018