Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix
On Saturday night, Jamaica’s two-time Olympic champion Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce won the women’s 100-metre event at the third staging of the JN Racers Grand Prix, at the National Stadium.
The Pocket Rocket clocked 11.10 seconds to cross the line ahead of the American athlete Jenna Prandini, who clocked 11.14.
16-year-old Briana Williams, a promising talent who also represents Jamaica clocked 11.26 for third.
This was Fraser-Pryce’s fastest clocking this season.
Fraser-Pryce opted to take close to a year off to give birth to her child last August. Following the race, she said:
“I am taking it (my recovery) race by race and although I still have somewhere to go, I am happy with the time.”.
Last week Fraser-Pryce had to settle for a second place finish at the Cayman Invitational were she clocked 11.33 seconds. Prandini had won easily in 11.16.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Historic! Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Qualify For The 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup - October 18, 2018
- Reggae Boy Luton Shelton Afflicted With ALS Disease - October 13, 2018
- Alia Atkinson Scares World Record - October 6, 2018
- Jamaica, Russia Sign Reciprocal Visa Waiver Agreement - October 2, 2018
- Buju’s Post Prison Tour In The Works - September 26, 2018
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018