Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix
On Saturday night, Jamaica’s two-time Olympic champion Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce won the women’s 100-metre event at the third staging of the JN Racers Grand Prix, at the National Stadium.
The Pocket Rocket clocked 11.10 seconds to cross the line ahead of the American athlete Jenna Prandini, who clocked 11.14.
16-year-old Briana Williams, a promising talent who also represents Jamaica clocked 11.26 for third.
This was Fraser-Pryce’s fastest clocking this season.
Fraser-Pryce opted to take close to a year off to give birth to her child last August. Following the race, she said:
“I am taking it (my recovery) race by race and although I still have somewhere to go, I am happy with the time.”.
Last week Fraser-Pryce had to settle for a second place finish at the Cayman Invitational were she clocked 11.33 seconds. Prandini had won easily in 11.16.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018
- CSEC Results Show Significant Improvement Over Last Year - August 13, 2018
- Jamaican Dollar Flies Past $136 Against US - August 10, 2018
- Asphalt Supplies Now Available – Petrojam - August 9, 2018
- Alia Atkinson To Receive Order Of Distinction - August 7, 2018
- Police Recover Stolen Goats in Clarendon - August 6, 2018
- Foreign Exchange: J$135.46 To One US Dollar - August 4, 2018
- Ruffi Drops Music Video For His Hit Single ‘Survive’ - August 1, 2018
- Power Star Applies For Jamaican Citizenship - July 31, 2018
- Yendi Phillipps Gets Baptised - July 30, 2018