Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix
On Saturday night, Jamaica’s two-time Olympic champion Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce won the women’s 100-metre event at the third staging of the JN Racers Grand Prix, at the National Stadium.
The Pocket Rocket clocked 11.10 seconds to cross the line ahead of the American athlete Jenna Prandini, who clocked 11.14.
16-year-old Briana Williams, a promising talent who also represents Jamaica clocked 11.26 for third.
This was Fraser-Pryce’s fastest clocking this season.
Fraser-Pryce opted to take close to a year off to give birth to her child last August. Following the race, she said:
“I am taking it (my recovery) race by race and although I still have somewhere to go, I am happy with the time.”.
Last week Fraser-Pryce had to settle for a second place finish at the Cayman Invitational were she clocked 11.33 seconds. Prandini had won easily in 11.16.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 3: Anthony B - March 22, 2019
- Jamaican Players In the MLS - March 18, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 2: Julian Marley - March 12, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 1: Wayne Wonder - March 5, 2019
- Doctors Still Not Able To Diagnose Kemoy Campbell’s Condition - February 25, 2019
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019