Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix
On Saturday night, Jamaica’s two-time Olympic champion Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce won the women’s 100-metre event at the third staging of the JN Racers Grand Prix, at the National Stadium.
The Pocket Rocket clocked 11.10 seconds to cross the line ahead of the American athlete Jenna Prandini, who clocked 11.14.
16-year-old Briana Williams, a promising talent who also represents Jamaica clocked 11.26 for third.
This was Fraser-Pryce’s fastest clocking this season.
Fraser-Pryce opted to take close to a year off to give birth to her child last August. Following the race, she said:
“I am taking it (my recovery) race by race and although I still have somewhere to go, I am happy with the time.”.
Last week Fraser-Pryce had to settle for a second place finish at the Cayman Invitational were she clocked 11.33 seconds. Prandini had won easily in 11.16.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- US-Born Citizen Nearly Deported To Jamaica - December 7, 2018
- First Solo Art Exhibition For Maia Chung At Reggae Mill - December 4, 2018
- Dalton Harris Wins The X Factor - December 2, 2018
- Reggae Music Added To Global Cultural Heritage List - December 1, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Advances To X Factor Finals - November 26, 2018
- NRSC Commends Government On Passing Of Road Traffic Act 2018 - November 23, 2018
- Jamaica Defeats USA To Qualify For Rugby League World Cup - November 21, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Delivers Incredible Rendition Of Beyonce’s ‘Listen’ On X Factor UK - November 18, 2018
- Stunning Furnished Home For RENT In Stonebrook Estate - November 12, 2018
- Jamaican Author Dwight Thompson Delivers Hard-Hitting Coming-Of-Age Tale With Debut Novel - November 11, 2018