Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix
On Saturday night, Jamaica’s two-time Olympic champion Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce won the women’s 100-metre event at the third staging of the JN Racers Grand Prix, at the National Stadium.
The Pocket Rocket clocked 11.10 seconds to cross the line ahead of the American athlete Jenna Prandini, who clocked 11.14.
16-year-old Briana Williams, a promising talent who also represents Jamaica clocked 11.26 for third.
This was Fraser-Pryce’s fastest clocking this season.
Fraser-Pryce opted to take close to a year off to give birth to her child last August. Following the race, she said:
“I am taking it (my recovery) race by race and although I still have somewhere to go, I am happy with the time.”.
Last week Fraser-Pryce had to settle for a second place finish at the Cayman Invitational were she clocked 11.33 seconds. Prandini had won easily in 11.16.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Elderly Couple Killed In Gruesome Fashion In Portland - June 23, 2018
- Bolt Gets Shooting Advice From Arsenal Legend Robert Pirès - June 22, 2018
- Jamaican Film”Sprinter” Wins Big At American Black Film Festival - June 21, 2018
- Curfew For Sections of Annotto Bay, St Mary – JCF - June 20, 2018
- Rising US Rapper With Jamaican Roots Killed In Florida - June 19, 2018
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018