Better Results In Four GSAT Subjects
On Tuesday,Minister of Education, Youth and Information, Senator the Hon. Ruel Reid, revealed that GSAT students achieved better results in four subjects.
The four subjects are Language Arts, Communication Task, Science and Social Studies.
He made the revelation while addressing a press conference at the Ministry
The overall students’ mean per cent scores for Language Arts, Communication Task, Science and Social Studies showed improvement over the previous year’s performance by one per cent, 5.5 per cent, 7.9 per cent and 1.6 per cent, respectively.
Senator Reid said the Government of Jamaica is happy to have on record an increase in students’ performance in these four areas, particularly Communication Task.
He is quoted by JIS as saying: “We have seen that, overall, there has been a positive trend in the right direction. Communication Task, which is a written component of these exams, achieved the largest percentage point increase. This is encouraging, as it shows that the students have been developing the skills of critical thinking and are able to express themselves,”.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018
- CSEC Results Show Significant Improvement Over Last Year - August 13, 2018
- Jamaican Dollar Flies Past $136 Against US - August 10, 2018
- Asphalt Supplies Now Available – Petrojam - August 9, 2018
- Alia Atkinson To Receive Order Of Distinction - August 7, 2018
- Police Recover Stolen Goats in Clarendon - August 6, 2018
- Foreign Exchange: J$135.46 To One US Dollar - August 4, 2018
- Ruffi Drops Music Video For His Hit Single ‘Survive’ - August 1, 2018
- Power Star Applies For Jamaican Citizenship - July 31, 2018
- Yendi Phillipps Gets Baptised - July 30, 2018