9-Yr-Old Girl Killed In Westmoreland, 13-Yr-Old Boy In Custody
The body of Kadijah Saunders – a nine-year-old student of Newworks Infant and Primary School in Westmoreland was reportedly found in bushes in the parish on Tuesday night.
Her body was discovered in bushes by a search party after she failed to return from school.
Police subsequently took a 13-year-old boy into custody following the spine-chilling discovery.
Superintendent Gary McKenzie, commanding officer for the West-moreland police is quoted by The Gleaner as saying:
“It appeared that she was strangled … . Some of her clothes were off.
“We subsequently carried out further investigations, and that led us to taking a 13-year-old male child into custody.”
McKenzie did not reveal the exact reason why the boy was taken into custody but said he was among a group of persons who were seen with Kadijah after school on Tuesday.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018
- CSEC Results Show Significant Improvement Over Last Year - August 13, 2018
- Jamaican Dollar Flies Past $136 Against US - August 10, 2018
- Asphalt Supplies Now Available – Petrojam - August 9, 2018
- Alia Atkinson To Receive Order Of Distinction - August 7, 2018
- Police Recover Stolen Goats in Clarendon - August 6, 2018
- Foreign Exchange: J$135.46 To One US Dollar - August 4, 2018
- Ruffi Drops Music Video For His Hit Single ‘Survive’ - August 1, 2018
- Power Star Applies For Jamaican Citizenship - July 31, 2018
- Yendi Phillipps Gets Baptised - July 30, 2018