Reggae Girlz Trounce Guadeloupe, Martinique In World Cup Qualifiers
Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz offered little mercy to Guadeloupe in their opening CONCACAF Caribbean Women’s Group B World Cup qualifying game on Wednesday at the Stade Sylvio Cator.
The Jamaicans scored 13 goals and conceded none with striker Khadija Shaw finding the back of the net six times.
Shaw scored in the 4th, 37th, 42nd, 45th, 62nd and 73rd minutes. Two other players scored braces – Dominique Bond-Flasza (43rd, 71st) and Giselle Washington (61st, 79th).
Deneisha Blackwood scored in minute 23, Konya Plummer in the 32nd minute and Kevena Reid in the 83rd minute.
The emphatic victory seemed to serve as a confidence booster for the Girlz who registered their second win of their qualifying campaign with a 3-0 victory two days later.
All three goals in that encounter came in the second half courtesy of Chinyelu Asher (60th), Trudi Carter (73rd) and the prolific Khadija Shaw (75th).
Jamaica now sits comfortably atop the four team standings with six points.
The group winner will earn a spot in the final round of qualifiers scheduled for August 25 to September 2.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Bolt To Train With Australian A-League Side Central Coast Mariners - July 17, 2018
- Accident Claims Life Of UWI Student In St Mary - July 16, 2018
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Secures Rare Sprint Double At World U20 Championships - July 14, 2018
- Petrol Prices Surge Locally - July 12, 2018
- Protoje Tops Billboard Reggae Chart - July 11, 2018
- Kartel Possibly One Step Closer To Freedom - July 9, 2018
- Elderly Man Suspected Of Committing Suicide In Kingston - July 8, 2018
- Kartel’s Appeal Trial To Commence Next Week - July 6, 2018
- Jamaican-American Actress Sheryl Lee Ralph Inducted Into ICS Wall Of Fame - July 4, 2018
- Zero Murders In St Ann Last Month - July 3, 2018