Popular Selector Niko Chromatic Dies
The well known disc jockey DJ Niko Chromatic has died.
The selector, whose real name is Nicholas Grant reportedly passed away on Tuesday evening following a three year battle with kidney disease.
Niko was reportedly offered a kidney by a family member a few months ago with the aim being to see him eventually undergo transplant surgery in Cuba.
Last year an online crowdfunding campaign was launched in a bid to accrue USD $50,000 to help cover his medical fees.
The US$50,000 target was not met but a charity event dubbed Dancehall for a Cause held last year at the Triple Century Car Park in New Kingston reportedly generated a significant portion.
Another well known selector – Foota Hype has been quite vocal following Niko’s passing. He is quote by Loop News as saying:
“It is very sad to lose a co-worker, a brother and friend, it goes to show the support, as human beings for one another, in the industry is not strong, Niko asked for donating effort, and Niko is in a circle that have money.
It wasn’t an unreachable amount and him never get it. It goes to show that you must careful of surroundings, anno everyone who say dem a friend, a friend, we don’t want same thing reach Gary Chucks that reach Niko, so who can help, help, who can donate, donate, if you truly rate someone, not even think, just help them”.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 3: Anthony B - March 22, 2019
- Jamaican Players In the MLS - March 18, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 2: Julian Marley - March 12, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 1: Wayne Wonder - March 5, 2019
- Doctors Still Not Able To Diagnose Kemoy Campbell’s Condition - February 25, 2019
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019