Popular Selector Niko Chromatic Dies
The well known disc jockey DJ Niko Chromatic has died.
The selector, whose real name is Nicholas Grant reportedly passed away on Tuesday evening following a three year battle with kidney disease.
Niko was reportedly offered a kidney by a family member a few months ago with the aim being to see him eventually undergo transplant surgery in Cuba.
Last year an online crowdfunding campaign was launched in a bid to accrue USD $50,000 to help cover his medical fees.
The US$50,000 target was not met but a charity event dubbed Dancehall for a Cause held last year at the Triple Century Car Park in New Kingston reportedly generated a significant portion.
Another well known selector – Foota Hype has been quite vocal following Niko’s passing. He is quote by Loop News as saying:
“It is very sad to lose a co-worker, a brother and friend, it goes to show the support, as human beings for one another, in the industry is not strong, Niko asked for donating effort, and Niko is in a circle that have money.
It wasn’t an unreachable amount and him never get it. It goes to show that you must careful of surroundings, anno everyone who say dem a friend, a friend, we don’t want same thing reach Gary Chucks that reach Niko, so who can help, help, who can donate, donate, if you truly rate someone, not even think, just help them”.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaica Represented In IDB Development Work - May 26, 2018
- Reggae Boyz Fall Out Of Top 50 In Latest FIFA Rankings - May 26, 2018
- Sean Paul Announces Death Of His Father - May 25, 2018
- Ananda Alert Issued For Missing St Ann Teen - May 24, 2018
- Street Team Win ‘Clash 13’ Of Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Competition - May 23, 2018
- Ignite IGL Foundation Brings Cheer To Riverton Meadows Early Childhood Centre - May 22, 2018
- Gasoline Retailers Express Concern As Fuel Prices Rise - May 22, 2018
- Security Forces Seize Masks, Firearms In Westmoreland - May 21, 2018
- Gov’t Considers Increasing Ethanol Percentage In Petrol - May 20, 2018
- Bayern Munich Reportedly Make €60 Million Offer For Jamaican Winger Leon Bailey - May 19, 2018