Nesta Carter’s Appeal Dismissed By Court of Arbitration for Sport
Jamaican sprinter Nesta Carter along with his compatriots who competed in the men’s 4×100-metre erelay final at the 2008 Beijing Olympics will not be getting back their Olympic gold medals.
On Thursday, a Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) judging panel dismissed an appeal by Carter following a failed drug test.
In 2016, International Olympic Committee (IOC) revealed that Carter was among 31 athletes who competed at the Beijing Olympics in 2008 that had tested positive for banned substances.
The Swiss based organisation made the shocking revelation following retests of urine samples using more advanced technology than what was available in 2008.
Carter tested positive for methylhexaneamine which, notably, was added to the WADA prohibited list as a stimulant two years after the Beijing games – in 2010.
Carter ran the opening leg in the 4×100-metre relay final. The other members of the team were Usain Bolt, Asafa Powell and Michael Frater. They were all ordered to return their medals following Carter’s failed drug test.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Girlz Train At Montego Bay Sports Complex Today - January 20, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites ‘Mad And Mean’ For Season 14 - January 16, 2019
- Here Is Why 2019 Will Be A Great Year For Tourism In Jamaica - January 15, 2019
- Reggae Boy Peter-Lee Vassell Drafted by Los Angeles FC - January 13, 2019
- Caribbean Food And Drink Festival “Taste The Islands Experience” Returns To Fort Lauderdale—Bigger And Better - January 10, 2019
- Buju Concert Scheduled For March 16th In Jamaica - January 6, 2019
- Ruffi Delivers Again With New Single ‘Pressure’ - January 2, 2019
- PM And Security Experts Meet To Plan Further Anti-Crime Strategies - January 1, 2019
- New Short Film Shines Light On Bob Marley’s Love For Football - December 30, 2018
- Leon Bailey To Be Instructed By New Coach At Bayer Leverkusen - December 26, 2018