Nesta Carter’s Appeal Dismissed By Court of Arbitration for Sport
Jamaican sprinter Nesta Carter along with his compatriots who competed in the men’s 4×100-metre erelay final at the 2008 Beijing Olympics will not be getting back their Olympic gold medals.
On Thursday, a Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) judging panel dismissed an appeal by Carter following a failed drug test.
In 2016, International Olympic Committee (IOC) revealed that Carter was among 31 athletes who competed at the Beijing Olympics in 2008 that had tested positive for banned substances.
The Swiss based organisation made the shocking revelation following retests of urine samples using more advanced technology than what was available in 2008.
Carter tested positive for methylhexaneamine which, notably, was added to the WADA prohibited list as a stimulant two years after the Beijing games – in 2010.
Carter ran the opening leg in the 4×100-metre relay final. The other members of the team were Usain Bolt, Asafa Powell and Michael Frater. They were all ordered to return their medals following Carter’s failed drug test.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Elderly Couple Killed In Gruesome Fashion In Portland - June 23, 2018
- Bolt Gets Shooting Advice From Arsenal Legend Robert Pirès - June 22, 2018
- Jamaican Film”Sprinter” Wins Big At American Black Film Festival - June 21, 2018
- Curfew For Sections of Annotto Bay, St Mary – JCF - June 20, 2018
- Rising US Rapper With Jamaican Roots Killed In Florida - June 19, 2018
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018