JDF Sets Up Another Operational Base In Westmoreland
The Jamaica Defence Force (JDF) has again set up an operational base in Westmoreland amid a surge in violence in sections of the parish.
The revelation came yesterday (May 9) via National Security Minister Dr Horace Chang.
Dr Chang was updating parliament on the situation in the parish following the brutal killing of 7 people last week.
“Between May 2 and May 4, joint security forces operations have focused on the Savanna-la-Mar, Little London and Grange Hill area. These efforts yielded the detention of 93 persons, including 11 persons of interest, the recovery of one AK-47, one magazine containing seven 7.62 rounds.
“Additionally, two persons of interest in the May 1st incident in Grange Hill have since turned themselves in to the police”, said Dr Chang.
Dr Chang also said the the Westmoreland Divisional Police will be supporting the JDF Forward Operating Base.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaica Represented In IDB Development Work - May 26, 2018
- Reggae Boyz Fall Out Of Top 50 In Latest FIFA Rankings - May 26, 2018
- Sean Paul Announces Death Of His Father - May 25, 2018
- Ananda Alert Issued For Missing St Ann Teen - May 24, 2018
- Street Team Win ‘Clash 13’ Of Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Competition - May 23, 2018
- Ignite IGL Foundation Brings Cheer To Riverton Meadows Early Childhood Centre - May 22, 2018
- Gasoline Retailers Express Concern As Fuel Prices Rise - May 22, 2018
- Security Forces Seize Masks, Firearms In Westmoreland - May 21, 2018
- Gov’t Considers Increasing Ethanol Percentage In Petrol - May 20, 2018
- Bayern Munich Reportedly Make €60 Million Offer For Jamaican Winger Leon Bailey - May 19, 2018