JDF Sets Up Another Operational Base In Westmoreland
The Jamaica Defence Force (JDF) has again set up an operational base in Westmoreland amid a surge in violence in sections of the parish.
The revelation came yesterday (May 9) via National Security Minister Dr Horace Chang.
Dr Chang was updating parliament on the situation in the parish following the brutal killing of 7 people last week.
“Between May 2 and May 4, joint security forces operations have focused on the Savanna-la-Mar, Little London and Grange Hill area. These efforts yielded the detention of 93 persons, including 11 persons of interest, the recovery of one AK-47, one magazine containing seven 7.62 rounds.
“Additionally, two persons of interest in the May 1st incident in Grange Hill have since turned themselves in to the police”, said Dr Chang.
Dr Chang also said the the Westmoreland Divisional Police will be supporting the JDF Forward Operating Base.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Girlz Take On Scotland Today! - May 28, 2019
- Captivating Colombia Takes ‘Mad And Mean’ International Night Finals - May 23, 2019
- Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Pull Off Comfortable 3-1 Win Over Panama - May 20, 2019
- James Bond Star Suffers Injury While Filming In Jamaica - May 15, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Gear Up For ‘Mad and Mean’ Finals - May 10, 2019
- Gayle Returns Home To The Jamaica Tallawahs - May 6, 2019
- Less People Getting Married In Jamaica - April 22, 2019
- Minor Quake Rattles Sections Of Jamaica - April 15, 2019
- Who Will Win The Jamaican Premier Football League 2019? - April 3, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 4: Nyanda - March 27, 2019