JDF Sets Up Another Operational Base In Westmoreland
The Jamaica Defence Force (JDF) has again set up an operational base in Westmoreland amid a surge in violence in sections of the parish.
The revelation came yesterday (May 9) via National Security Minister Dr Horace Chang.
Dr Chang was updating parliament on the situation in the parish following the brutal killing of 7 people last week.
“Between May 2 and May 4, joint security forces operations have focused on the Savanna-la-Mar, Little London and Grange Hill area. These efforts yielded the detention of 93 persons, including 11 persons of interest, the recovery of one AK-47, one magazine containing seven 7.62 rounds.
“Additionally, two persons of interest in the May 1st incident in Grange Hill have since turned themselves in to the police”, said Dr Chang.
Dr Chang also said the the Westmoreland Divisional Police will be supporting the JDF Forward Operating Base.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Bolt To Train With Australian A-League Side Central Coast Mariners - July 17, 2018
- Accident Claims Life Of UWI Student In St Mary - July 16, 2018
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Secures Rare Sprint Double At World U20 Championships - July 14, 2018
- Petrol Prices Surge Locally - July 12, 2018
- Protoje Tops Billboard Reggae Chart - July 11, 2018
- Kartel Possibly One Step Closer To Freedom - July 9, 2018
- Elderly Man Suspected Of Committing Suicide In Kingston - July 8, 2018
- Kartel’s Appeal Trial To Commence Next Week - July 6, 2018
- Jamaican-American Actress Sheryl Lee Ralph Inducted Into ICS Wall Of Fame - July 4, 2018
- Zero Murders In St Ann Last Month - July 3, 2018