JDF Sets Up Another Operational Base In Westmoreland
The Jamaica Defence Force (JDF) has again set up an operational base in Westmoreland amid a surge in violence in sections of the parish.
The revelation came yesterday (May 9) via National Security Minister Dr Horace Chang.
Dr Chang was updating parliament on the situation in the parish following the brutal killing of 7 people last week.
“Between May 2 and May 4, joint security forces operations have focused on the Savanna-la-Mar, Little London and Grange Hill area. These efforts yielded the detention of 93 persons, including 11 persons of interest, the recovery of one AK-47, one magazine containing seven 7.62 rounds.
“Additionally, two persons of interest in the May 1st incident in Grange Hill have since turned themselves in to the police”, said Dr Chang.
Dr Chang also said the the Westmoreland Divisional Police will be supporting the JDF Forward Operating Base.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018
- CSEC Results Show Significant Improvement Over Last Year - August 13, 2018
- Jamaican Dollar Flies Past $136 Against US - August 10, 2018
- Asphalt Supplies Now Available – Petrojam - August 9, 2018
- Alia Atkinson To Receive Order Of Distinction - August 7, 2018
- Police Recover Stolen Goats in Clarendon - August 6, 2018
- Foreign Exchange: J$135.46 To One US Dollar - August 4, 2018
- Ruffi Drops Music Video For His Hit Single ‘Survive’ - August 1, 2018
- Power Star Applies For Jamaican Citizenship - July 31, 2018
- Yendi Phillipps Gets Baptised - July 30, 2018