JDF Sets Up Another Operational Base In Westmoreland
The Jamaica Defence Force (JDF) has again set up an operational base in Westmoreland amid a surge in violence in sections of the parish.
The revelation came yesterday (May 9) via National Security Minister Dr Horace Chang.
Dr Chang was updating parliament on the situation in the parish following the brutal killing of 7 people last week.
“Between May 2 and May 4, joint security forces operations have focused on the Savanna-la-Mar, Little London and Grange Hill area. These efforts yielded the detention of 93 persons, including 11 persons of interest, the recovery of one AK-47, one magazine containing seven 7.62 rounds.
“Additionally, two persons of interest in the May 1st incident in Grange Hill have since turned themselves in to the police”, said Dr Chang.
Dr Chang also said the the Westmoreland Divisional Police will be supporting the JDF Forward Operating Base.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Players Struck By Lightning At Manning Cup Match - September 17, 2019
- Investment Property For Sale In St Ann - September 16, 2019
- Nicholson On Fire In Belgium! - September 14, 2019
- Boyz Hammer Guyana 4-0 - September 10, 2019
- Dr. Peter Phillips Retains PNP Presidency - September 8, 2019
- Striker Khadija Shaw Slams JFF Over Unpaid Wages - September 4, 2019
- Clarendon Farmers Diversifying Crop Production To Be More Climate Resilient - August 21, 2019
- Bailey On Target In Season Opener - August 19, 2019
- Kai, 10 Launches Her Kits To Keep Kids Clean And Healthy - August 13, 2019
- Leon Bailey Scores In 26 Seconds For Bayer Leverkusen! - August 11, 2019