Ignite IGL Foundation Brings Cheer To Riverton Meadows Early Childhood Centre
Kingston, May 22, 2018 – It was a morning filled with endless laughter, chatter and excitement, as the three to six year old students of Riverton Meadows Early Childhood Centre welcomed a team from the Ignite IGL Foundation on Children’s Day May 18, 2018, for the annual cheque presentation to the institution’s breakfast feeding programme.
Children are our legacy and our future, and to nurture them is a commitment that the family, school and the entire community should get involved in. This was the underlying message that the staff and volunteers brought to Riverton Meadows Early Childhood Centre in Kingston, as the Ignite IGL Foundation reaffirmed their support for the breakfast feeding programme.
“It is a pleasure and honour for the IGL family to once again spend the morning at Riverton Meadows Early Childhood Centre,” said Annakaye Tucker, Trade Marketing Manager, IGL Ltd. “Your energies and your smiles make us feel proud to be a part of the Ignite IGL Foundation and the projects that benefit from the Foundation’s support.”
Her sentiments were echoed by Sandrina Davis, General Manager, St. Patrick’s Foundation, and Junior Rowe, Principal, who expressed their heartfelt gratitude to the IGL family for its noble gesture and long-standing commitment. “Words cannot express our gratitude,” said Davis. “This is a partnership we cherish and value, and we pray that it keeps on going. IGL Limited is touching lives of some 120 children, and this is an almost 20 year commitment, which is commendable, and we at St Patrick’s Foundation salute you.”
For the last 19 years, Ignite IGL Foundation has donated over J$5million in cash and kind to the breakfast feeding programme. IGL Limited has been leading a team of staff members to the institution annually, volunteering time to feed and read to the students.
Additionally, IGL Limited provides, free of cost, 1 year’s supply of LPG gas cylinders to the school. As customary, a cheque for J$300,000 was presented to the St Patrick’s Foundation – which manages and operates the school – towards sustaining the breakfast feeding programme for the year.
“We want to ensure that the school will always have the means to prepare breakfast, and the little ones can be fed a warm meal throughout the year,” Tucker said.
After a lively devotion, IGL Limited staff members Annette Campbell, Dayna Morris and Crystal Henriques led by Annakaye Tucker shared freshly cooked breakfast to the little ones, aptly assisted by IGL Medical scholars Kabrina Martin and Akil Gardener.
The volunteers spent time with the children, reading stories, singing nursery rhymes and helping them with drawing and colouring exercises. The peals of laughter and glee on the children’s faces were reward enough.
“This initiative is not only a part of our company’s deep rooted mission to be good corporate citizens but it also comes from our commitment to give back to the communities in which we operate,” Tucker said. “You are, in essence, IGL’s extended family, and it is natural that as a family we look out for each other.”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Girlz Train At Montego Bay Sports Complex Today - January 20, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites ‘Mad And Mean’ For Season 14 - January 16, 2019
- Here Is Why 2019 Will Be A Great Year For Tourism In Jamaica - January 15, 2019
- Reggae Boy Peter-Lee Vassell Drafted by Los Angeles FC - January 13, 2019
- Caribbean Food And Drink Festival “Taste The Islands Experience” Returns To Fort Lauderdale—Bigger And Better - January 10, 2019
- Buju Concert Scheduled For March 16th In Jamaica - January 6, 2019
- Ruffi Delivers Again With New Single ‘Pressure’ - January 2, 2019
- PM And Security Experts Meet To Plan Further Anti-Crime Strategies - January 1, 2019
- New Short Film Shines Light On Bob Marley’s Love For Football - December 30, 2018
- Leon Bailey To Be Instructed By New Coach At Bayer Leverkusen - December 26, 2018