Capleton Professes Innocence In Emotional Social Media Post
Reggae and dancehall star Capleton has utilised social media to rebut allegations that he raped a woman.
In a lengthy post on Instagram, the embattled entertainer told his followers:
“I vehemently deny all accusations of sexual misconduct and do not condone crime or violence against women or anyone.
“I’m the target of an extortion scheme and my lawyers and I presented evidence to the authorities to fight this false accusation”. I’m an entertainer for 30+ years, blesses with a career and opportunity to tour the world, promote reggae music, help people and serve as a positive role model. I’m also a father with daughters that understand the responsibility of a role model and would never do anything to hurt anyone or jeopardize my career”.
“I always advocate for women’s rights and empowerment thru my music, company employees and charity endeavors. “A St Mary Mi Come From” serves as a platform for new artist to showcase their talent and gives back to hospitals, schools, community centers, youth clubs, police associations for the past 13 years.
“Some of these institutions are operated by remarkable women, that I respect and will continue to support. I have faith in JAH that justice will prevail and give thanks for all your support. “
The entertainer made the post on Monday, shortly after being granted bail in the sum of $250,000.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaica Represented In IDB Development Work - May 26, 2018
- Reggae Boyz Fall Out Of Top 50 In Latest FIFA Rankings - May 26, 2018
- Sean Paul Announces Death Of His Father - May 25, 2018
- Ananda Alert Issued For Missing St Ann Teen - May 24, 2018
- Street Team Win ‘Clash 13’ Of Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Competition - May 23, 2018
- Ignite IGL Foundation Brings Cheer To Riverton Meadows Early Childhood Centre - May 22, 2018
- Gasoline Retailers Express Concern As Fuel Prices Rise - May 22, 2018
- Security Forces Seize Masks, Firearms In Westmoreland - May 21, 2018
- Gov’t Considers Increasing Ethanol Percentage In Petrol - May 20, 2018
- Bayern Munich Reportedly Make €60 Million Offer For Jamaican Winger Leon Bailey - May 19, 2018