Bolt Not Completely Ruling Out Olympic Return…..But Doesn’t Have The Urge
Jamaica’s eight-time Olympic gold medallist Usain Bolt retired last year following the world championships of track and field in London.
Bolt had been signalling his intention to hang up his spikes for good for a long time prior to the championships.
His departure from the sport has left a deep void as many fans continue to plead with the eleven-time World Champion to make a return.
And since retiring, the world’s fastest man has firmly maintained that he is content with his decision.
However, during a recent interview with TMZ Sports, Bolt said the “door is open” for him to make a return and compete in the 2020 Olympics.
“I don’t think so….but when I see competition I definitely feel like I want to.”
“I don’t have the urge right now. Maybe when it comes around to the Olympics you never know … but right now I don’t.”
Bolt has shifted focus to achieving his goal of becoming a professional footballer. Last month Bolt took part in a training session with some of the world’s best football players at Borussia Dortmund in Germany. He is currently scheduled to have an additional three weeks of training with the club.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaica Represented In IDB Development Work - May 26, 2018
- Reggae Boyz Fall Out Of Top 50 In Latest FIFA Rankings - May 26, 2018
- Sean Paul Announces Death Of His Father - May 25, 2018
- Ananda Alert Issued For Missing St Ann Teen - May 24, 2018
- Street Team Win ‘Clash 13’ Of Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Competition - May 23, 2018
- Ignite IGL Foundation Brings Cheer To Riverton Meadows Early Childhood Centre - May 22, 2018
- Gasoline Retailers Express Concern As Fuel Prices Rise - May 22, 2018
- Security Forces Seize Masks, Firearms In Westmoreland - May 21, 2018
- Gov’t Considers Increasing Ethanol Percentage In Petrol - May 20, 2018
- Bayern Munich Reportedly Make €60 Million Offer For Jamaican Winger Leon Bailey - May 19, 2018