Usain Bolt Ranked As The 2nd Most Dominant Athlete Of The Last 20 Years
Jamaica’s Usain Bolt has been ranked as the second most dominant athlete of the last twenty years by the well respected American sports media personality Colin Cowherd.
His ranking is topped by Floyd Mayweather who recently retired with an undefeated record of 50–0, surpassing Rocky Marciano’s record of 49–0.
Bolt, in 2nd place, is an an 11-time world champion, boasts eight Olympic gold medals and holds world records over 100m, 200m, and 4x100m. He is also widely regarded as the greatest sprinter of all time.
In third place is Michael Phelps. He is the most decorated Olympian of all time,with a total of 28 medals. Phelps also holds the all-time records for Olympic gold medals (23),Olympic gold medals in individual events (13), and Olympic medals in individual events.
Number four is Serena Williams. Williams holds the most Grand Slam titles in singles, doubles, and mixed doubles combined amongst active players. Her record of 39 Grand Slam titles puts her 3rd on the all-time list and second in the Open Era: 23 in singles, 14 in women’s doubles, and 2 in mixed doubles.
She is the most recent female player to have held all four Grand Slam singles titles simultaneously (2002–03 and 2014–15) and the third player to achieve this record twice after Rod Laverand Steffi Graf. She is also, together with her sister Venus, the most recent player to have held all four Grand Slam women’s doubles titles simultaneously (2009–10).
Rounding off the top 5 is Roger Federer. Federer has won 20 Grand Slam singles titles — the most in history for a male player — and has held the world No. 1 spot in the ATP rankings for a record total of 308 weeks, including 237 consecutive weeks. After turning professional in 1998, he was continuously ranked in the top ten from October 2002 to November 2016. He re-entered the top ten following his victory at the 2017 Australian Open.
The Top 10 most dominant athletes in the last 20 years, according to @ColinCowherd
Here’s where Floyd Mayweather, LeBron James, Roger Federer and Serena Williams rank on the list: pic.twitter.com/Xl0y7yQhT2
— FOX Sports (@FOXSports) March 21, 2018
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 3: Anthony B - March 22, 2019
- Jamaican Players In the MLS - March 18, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 2: Julian Marley - March 12, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 1: Wayne Wonder - March 5, 2019
- Doctors Still Not Able To Diagnose Kemoy Campbell’s Condition - February 25, 2019
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019