Solange Knowles Writes Thank You Letter To Jamaica
Jamaica, with its abundance of natural beauty, warm people and rich culture is a preferred destination for many people across the globe.
Numerous influential figures have already publicly expressed their love for the island with Solange Knowles being the most recent to do so.
Solange, the sister of Beyonce Knowles is a popular American singer, songwriter, model, and actress.
In a letter for Dazed Magazine, she highlights places on the island that have captivated her including Runaway Bay, Port Antonio, the parish of St Elizabeth and the nation’s capital – Kingston.
She is quoted by Dazed as saying:
“Thank you to this island for giving so much, sharing so much, and being a constant place of refuge and retreat when I’ve needed it the most.
Thank you for its lessons and its guidance, for its stunning reflections and affirmations into the world.”
Earlier this year, Knowles was named Harvard University’s Foundation Artist of the Year 2018.
The annual honouree is selected by students and faculty members of the Harvard Foundation for Intercultural and Race Relations at Harvard University.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018
- CSEC Results Show Significant Improvement Over Last Year - August 13, 2018
- Jamaican Dollar Flies Past $136 Against US - August 10, 2018
- Asphalt Supplies Now Available – Petrojam - August 9, 2018
- Alia Atkinson To Receive Order Of Distinction - August 7, 2018
- Police Recover Stolen Goats in Clarendon - August 6, 2018
- Foreign Exchange: J$135.46 To One US Dollar - August 4, 2018
- Ruffi Drops Music Video For His Hit Single ‘Survive’ - August 1, 2018
- Power Star Applies For Jamaican Citizenship - July 31, 2018
- Yendi Phillipps Gets Baptised - July 30, 2018