Solange Knowles Writes Thank You Letter To Jamaica
Jamaica, with its abundance of natural beauty, warm people and rich culture is a preferred destination for many people across the globe.
Numerous influential figures have already publicly expressed their love for the island with Solange Knowles being the most recent to do so.
Solange, the sister of Beyonce Knowles is a popular American singer, songwriter, model, and actress.
In a letter for Dazed Magazine, she highlights places on the island that have captivated her including Runaway Bay, Port Antonio, the parish of St Elizabeth and the nation’s capital – Kingston.
She is quoted by Dazed as saying:
“Thank you to this island for giving so much, sharing so much, and being a constant place of refuge and retreat when I’ve needed it the most.
Thank you for its lessons and its guidance, for its stunning reflections and affirmations into the world.”
Earlier this year, Knowles was named Harvard University’s Foundation Artist of the Year 2018.
The annual honouree is selected by students and faculty members of the Harvard Foundation for Intercultural and Race Relations at Harvard University.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Historic! Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Qualify For The 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup - October 18, 2018
- Reggae Boy Luton Shelton Afflicted With ALS Disease - October 13, 2018
- Alia Atkinson Scares World Record - October 6, 2018
- Jamaica, Russia Sign Reciprocal Visa Waiver Agreement - October 2, 2018
- Buju’s Post Prison Tour In The Works - September 26, 2018
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018