Serious And Violent Crimes Down By Over 5 Percent – JCF
A recent statement by the Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) says there is an overall 5.1% reduction in serious and violent crimes.
According to the JCF as at April 7 this year, there has been 385 reported murders or a 4.1% increase when compared to the same period last year.
Shootings are up marginally with a 0.6% increase. However, there is a 17.6% reduction in the number of reported cases of rape and a 33.1% reduction in aggravated assault.
The JCF also notes that St James, where there is a State of Public Emergency and a Zone of Special Operation, recorded 46 fewer murders or a reduction of over 66 percent when compared to the same period in 2017 and Kingston Western Division has seen a 7.4 percent reduction in murders.
The Catherine North Division has however seen a 34 percent increase in murders.
Other divisions that have seen double-figure reductions in murders are Kingston Central -44 percent, St. Andrew North -31 percent, Hanover -60 percent, St. Ann -33 percent and Manchester -60 percent.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Girlz Train At Montego Bay Sports Complex Today - January 20, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites ‘Mad And Mean’ For Season 14 - January 16, 2019
- Here Is Why 2019 Will Be A Great Year For Tourism In Jamaica - January 15, 2019
- Reggae Boy Peter-Lee Vassell Drafted by Los Angeles FC - January 13, 2019
- Caribbean Food And Drink Festival “Taste The Islands Experience” Returns To Fort Lauderdale—Bigger And Better - January 10, 2019
- Buju Concert Scheduled For March 16th In Jamaica - January 6, 2019
- Ruffi Delivers Again With New Single ‘Pressure’ - January 2, 2019
- PM And Security Experts Meet To Plan Further Anti-Crime Strategies - January 1, 2019
- New Short Film Shines Light On Bob Marley’s Love For Football - December 30, 2018
- Leon Bailey To Be Instructed By New Coach At Bayer Leverkusen - December 26, 2018