Serious And Violent Crimes Down By Over 5 Percent – JCF
A recent statement by the Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) says there is an overall 5.1% reduction in serious and violent crimes.
According to the JCF as at April 7 this year, there has been 385 reported murders or a 4.1% increase when compared to the same period last year.
Shootings are up marginally with a 0.6% increase. However, there is a 17.6% reduction in the number of reported cases of rape and a 33.1% reduction in aggravated assault.
The JCF also notes that St James, where there is a State of Public Emergency and a Zone of Special Operation, recorded 46 fewer murders or a reduction of over 66 percent when compared to the same period in 2017 and Kingston Western Division has seen a 7.4 percent reduction in murders.
The Catherine North Division has however seen a 34 percent increase in murders.
Other divisions that have seen double-figure reductions in murders are Kingston Central -44 percent, St. Andrew North -31 percent, Hanover -60 percent, St. Ann -33 percent and Manchester -60 percent.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Pull Off Comfortable 3-1 Win Over Panama - May 20, 2019
- James Bond Star Suffers Injury While Filming In Jamaica - May 15, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Gear Up For ‘Mad and Mean’ Finals - May 10, 2019
- Gayle Returns Home To The Jamaica Tallawahs - May 6, 2019
- Less People Getting Married In Jamaica - April 22, 2019
- Minor Quake Rattles Sections Of Jamaica - April 15, 2019
- Who Will Win The Jamaican Premier Football League 2019? - April 3, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 4: Nyanda - March 27, 2019
- Veteran Broadcaster Dorraine Samuels Dies At 59 - March 26, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 3: Anthony B - March 22, 2019