Serious And Violent Crimes Down By Over 5 Percent – JCF
A recent statement by the Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) says there is an overall 5.1% reduction in serious and violent crimes.
According to the JCF as at April 7 this year, there has been 385 reported murders or a 4.1% increase when compared to the same period last year.
Shootings are up marginally with a 0.6% increase. However, there is a 17.6% reduction in the number of reported cases of rape and a 33.1% reduction in aggravated assault.
The JCF also notes that St James, where there is a State of Public Emergency and a Zone of Special Operation, recorded 46 fewer murders or a reduction of over 66 percent when compared to the same period in 2017 and Kingston Western Division has seen a 7.4 percent reduction in murders.
The Catherine North Division has however seen a 34 percent increase in murders.
Other divisions that have seen double-figure reductions in murders are Kingston Central -44 percent, St. Andrew North -31 percent, Hanover -60 percent, St. Ann -33 percent and Manchester -60 percent.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018
- Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford - June 12, 2018
- Wayne Marshall Announces Death Of His Father In Touching Social Media Post - June 11, 2018
- Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix - June 10, 2018
- Prime Minister Makes Historic Appearance At G7 Summit! - June 9, 2018
- Shelly-Ann Fraser Pryce Is Back On Track At The JN Racers Grand Prix Live On 1spotmedia Pay- Per- View - June 8, 2018