Serious And Violent Crimes Down By Over 5 Percent – JCF
A recent statement by the Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) says there is an overall 5.1% reduction in serious and violent crimes.
According to the JCF as at April 7 this year, there has been 385 reported murders or a 4.1% increase when compared to the same period last year.
Shootings are up marginally with a 0.6% increase. However, there is a 17.6% reduction in the number of reported cases of rape and a 33.1% reduction in aggravated assault.
The JCF also notes that St James, where there is a State of Public Emergency and a Zone of Special Operation, recorded 46 fewer murders or a reduction of over 66 percent when compared to the same period in 2017 and Kingston Western Division has seen a 7.4 percent reduction in murders.
The Catherine North Division has however seen a 34 percent increase in murders.
Other divisions that have seen double-figure reductions in murders are Kingston Central -44 percent, St. Andrew North -31 percent, Hanover -60 percent, St. Ann -33 percent and Manchester -60 percent.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018
- How Technology Has Made The World Smaller By Creating Remote Working Environments - September 4, 2018
- “Oh What A Finish!” Leon Bailey Scores Cracker For Leverkusen - September 3, 2018
- Elderly Jamaican Man Arrested In Florida After Setting Fire To Raccoon Which Ate His Mangoes - August 30, 2018
- Chas. E. Ramson Limited. Cushions Infant Care Costs With ‘Kiss Baby’ Diaper Donations - August 26, 2018
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018