Oil And Gas 3D Seismic Survey Nearly 50 Percent Complete
The Petroleum Corporation of Jamaica (PCJ) says as an oil exploration 3D seismic survey is close to 50 percent complete.
The PCJ describes the survey as the most advanced of its kind to be carried out in Jamaica’s off-shore.
It is being conducted under a Production Sharing Agreement (PSA) between the Petroleum Corporation of Jamaica (PCJ) and Tullow.
According to the PCJ, the process involves a detailed examination of the ocean’s subsurface in a 2250 square kilometer 3D polygon in the Morant Basin area south of Jamaica. Soundwaves are being used to generate images of formations beneath the seafloor which will then be analyzed for indicators of oil and gas reservoirs.
The work got underway in early April, following streamer deployment in late March and according to the updates being provided to the PCJ by Tullow, all has gone reasonably well in the initial stages of the process.
The PCJ says the work will last between 50 and 60 days and then it may take another 12 to 18 to analyze the data.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Girlz Train At Montego Bay Sports Complex Today - January 20, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites ‘Mad And Mean’ For Season 14 - January 16, 2019
- Here Is Why 2019 Will Be A Great Year For Tourism In Jamaica - January 15, 2019
- Reggae Boy Peter-Lee Vassell Drafted by Los Angeles FC - January 13, 2019
- Caribbean Food And Drink Festival “Taste The Islands Experience” Returns To Fort Lauderdale—Bigger And Better - January 10, 2019
- Buju Concert Scheduled For March 16th In Jamaica - January 6, 2019
- Ruffi Delivers Again With New Single ‘Pressure’ - January 2, 2019
- PM And Security Experts Meet To Plan Further Anti-Crime Strategies - January 1, 2019
- New Short Film Shines Light On Bob Marley’s Love For Football - December 30, 2018
- Leon Bailey To Be Instructed By New Coach At Bayer Leverkusen - December 26, 2018