Naomi Campbell To Receive Coveted CFDA Fashion Icon Award
On June 4, Naomi Campbell will receive the coveted Fashion Icon Award at the June 4 CFDA Awards ceremony.
Campbell whose mother is Jamaican was among the top three most recognisable and in-demand models during the late 1980s and the 1990s.
She was also one of only six models of her generation declared supermodels by the fashion industry.
The Council of Fashion Designers of America, Inc. (CFDA), founded in 1962 by publicist Eleanor is a not-for-profit trade association of over 450 American fashion and accessory designers.
It honours excellence in fashion design, has been called “the Oscars of fashion”.
Campbell was recently quoted by The Guardian newspaper as saying:
”It’s truly an honour to be recognised by the CFDA with this year’s Fashion Icon Award”.
She added: “Being from London, my personal style has always been tremendously influenced by both the dynamic, ever-changing nature of street culture and the music scene. I grew up in this industry and am forever grateful to the iconic American fashion designers who have supported me and celebrated me throughout my career.”
The 2018 CFDA Fashion Awards will be hosted by Issa Rae on Monday, June 4, at the Brooklyn Museum.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018
- How Technology Has Made The World Smaller By Creating Remote Working Environments - September 4, 2018
- “Oh What A Finish!” Leon Bailey Scores Cracker For Leverkusen - September 3, 2018
- Elderly Jamaican Man Arrested In Florida After Setting Fire To Raccoon Which Ate His Mangoes - August 30, 2018
- Chas. E. Ramson Limited. Cushions Infant Care Costs With ‘Kiss Baby’ Diaper Donations - August 26, 2018
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018