Naomi Campbell To Receive Coveted CFDA Fashion Icon Award
On June 4, Naomi Campbell will receive the coveted Fashion Icon Award at the June 4 CFDA Awards ceremony.
Campbell whose mother is Jamaican was among the top three most recognisable and in-demand models during the late 1980s and the 1990s.
She was also one of only six models of her generation declared supermodels by the fashion industry.
The Council of Fashion Designers of America, Inc. (CFDA), founded in 1962 by publicist Eleanor is a not-for-profit trade association of over 450 American fashion and accessory designers.
It honours excellence in fashion design, has been called “the Oscars of fashion”.
Campbell was recently quoted by The Guardian newspaper as saying:
”It’s truly an honour to be recognised by the CFDA with this year’s Fashion Icon Award”.
She added: “Being from London, my personal style has always been tremendously influenced by both the dynamic, ever-changing nature of street culture and the music scene. I grew up in this industry and am forever grateful to the iconic American fashion designers who have supported me and celebrated me throughout my career.”
The 2018 CFDA Fashion Awards will be hosted by Issa Rae on Monday, June 4, at the Brooklyn Museum.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 3: Anthony B - March 22, 2019
- Jamaican Players In the MLS - March 18, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 2: Julian Marley - March 12, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 1: Wayne Wonder - March 5, 2019
- Doctors Still Not Able To Diagnose Kemoy Campbell’s Condition - February 25, 2019
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019