Naomi Campbell To Receive Coveted CFDA Fashion Icon Award
On June 4, Naomi Campbell will receive the coveted Fashion Icon Award at the June 4 CFDA Awards ceremony.
Campbell whose mother is Jamaican was among the top three most recognisable and in-demand models during the late 1980s and the 1990s.
She was also one of only six models of her generation declared supermodels by the fashion industry.
The Council of Fashion Designers of America, Inc. (CFDA), founded in 1962 by publicist Eleanor is a not-for-profit trade association of over 450 American fashion and accessory designers.
It honours excellence in fashion design, has been called “the Oscars of fashion”.
Campbell was recently quoted by The Guardian newspaper as saying:
”It’s truly an honour to be recognised by the CFDA with this year’s Fashion Icon Award”.
She added: “Being from London, my personal style has always been tremendously influenced by both the dynamic, ever-changing nature of street culture and the music scene. I grew up in this industry and am forever grateful to the iconic American fashion designers who have supported me and celebrated me throughout my career.”
The 2018 CFDA Fashion Awards will be hosted by Issa Rae on Monday, June 4, at the Brooklyn Museum.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- US-Born Citizen Nearly Deported To Jamaica - December 7, 2018
- First Solo Art Exhibition For Maia Chung At Reggae Mill - December 4, 2018
- Dalton Harris Wins The X Factor - December 2, 2018
- Reggae Music Added To Global Cultural Heritage List - December 1, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Advances To X Factor Finals - November 26, 2018
- NRSC Commends Government On Passing Of Road Traffic Act 2018 - November 23, 2018
- Jamaica Defeats USA To Qualify For Rugby League World Cup - November 21, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Delivers Incredible Rendition Of Beyonce’s ‘Listen’ On X Factor UK - November 18, 2018
- Stunning Furnished Home For RENT In Stonebrook Estate - November 12, 2018
- Jamaican Author Dwight Thompson Delivers Hard-Hitting Coming-Of-Age Tale With Debut Novel - November 11, 2018