Jamaica’s Women Win Silver, Bronze In 100m At Commonwealth Games
Christania Williams and Gayon Evans earned a silver and bronze medal respectively for Jamaica in the women’s 100 metre final at the Commonwealth Games today.
Michelle-Lee Ahye of Trinidad and Tobago crossed the line first to claim gold in 11.14 seconds.
Williams was second with a time of 11.21s, while Evans clocked 11.22 for third.
This is Jamaica’s second gold and first bronze in this year’s staging of the Games.
In the men’s equivalent of the event, Yohan Blake finished third with a time of 10.19 seconds.
The South African pair of Akani Simbine and Henricho Bruintjies were first and second with times of 10.03 and 10.17 seconds respectively.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- US-Born Citizen Nearly Deported To Jamaica - December 7, 2018
- First Solo Art Exhibition For Maia Chung At Reggae Mill - December 4, 2018
- Dalton Harris Wins The X Factor - December 2, 2018
- Reggae Music Added To Global Cultural Heritage List - December 1, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Advances To X Factor Finals - November 26, 2018
- NRSC Commends Government On Passing Of Road Traffic Act 2018 - November 23, 2018
- Jamaica Defeats USA To Qualify For Rugby League World Cup - November 21, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Delivers Incredible Rendition Of Beyonce’s ‘Listen’ On X Factor UK - November 18, 2018
- Stunning Furnished Home For RENT In Stonebrook Estate - November 12, 2018
- Jamaican Author Dwight Thompson Delivers Hard-Hitting Coming-Of-Age Tale With Debut Novel - November 11, 2018