Jamaica’s Women Win Silver, Bronze In 100m At Commonwealth Games
Christania Williams and Gayon Evans earned a silver and bronze medal respectively for Jamaica in the women’s 100 metre final at the Commonwealth Games today.
Michelle-Lee Ahye of Trinidad and Tobago crossed the line first to claim gold in 11.14 seconds.
Williams was second with a time of 11.21s, while Evans clocked 11.22 for third.
This is Jamaica’s second gold and first bronze in this year’s staging of the Games.
In the men’s equivalent of the event, Yohan Blake finished third with a time of 10.19 seconds.
The South African pair of Akani Simbine and Henricho Bruintjies were first and second with times of 10.03 and 10.17 seconds respectively.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Shaggy Performs At Queen Elizabeth’s Birthday Party - April 24, 2018
- Oil And Gas 3D Seismic Survey Nearly 50 Percent Complete - April 22, 2018
- Solange Knowles Writes Thank You Letter To Jamaica - April 21, 2018
- Canadian Politician Sparks Outrage With Remarks About Jamaicans, Later Apologises - April 20, 2018
- Health Ministry Reports Steep Rise In Obesity Among 13-15 Year Olds - April 19, 2018
- Counterfeit Goods Valuing Over $100 Million Seized, Two Chinese Nationals Arrested - April 18, 2018
- Jamaicans Among Thousands From Caribbean To See Their Status Legalised In The UK - April 17, 2018
- Murders Down By Nearly 80 Percent In St James Under State Of Emergency - April 16, 2018
- 27 Medals For Jamaica At 2018 Commonwealth Games - April 15, 2018
- Leon Bailey Backs Bolt To Succeed As A Professional Footballer - April 14, 2018