Jamaica’s Women Win Silver, Bronze In 100m At Commonwealth Games
Christania Williams and Gayon Evans earned a silver and bronze medal respectively for Jamaica in the women’s 100 metre final at the Commonwealth Games today.
Michelle-Lee Ahye of Trinidad and Tobago crossed the line first to claim gold in 11.14 seconds.
Williams was second with a time of 11.21s, while Evans clocked 11.22 for third.
This is Jamaica’s second gold and first bronze in this year’s staging of the Games.
In the men’s equivalent of the event, Yohan Blake finished third with a time of 10.19 seconds.
The South African pair of Akani Simbine and Henricho Bruintjies were first and second with times of 10.03 and 10.17 seconds respectively.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Bolt To Train With Australian A-League Side Central Coast Mariners - July 17, 2018
- Accident Claims Life Of UWI Student In St Mary - July 16, 2018
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Secures Rare Sprint Double At World U20 Championships - July 14, 2018
- Petrol Prices Surge Locally - July 12, 2018
- Protoje Tops Billboard Reggae Chart - July 11, 2018
- Kartel Possibly One Step Closer To Freedom - July 9, 2018
- Elderly Man Suspected Of Committing Suicide In Kingston - July 8, 2018
- Kartel’s Appeal Trial To Commence Next Week - July 6, 2018
- Jamaican-American Actress Sheryl Lee Ralph Inducted Into ICS Wall Of Fame - July 4, 2018
- Zero Murders In St Ann Last Month - July 3, 2018