Jamaica’s Women Win Silver, Bronze In 100m At Commonwealth Games
Christania Williams and Gayon Evans earned a silver and bronze medal respectively for Jamaica in the women’s 100 metre final at the Commonwealth Games today.
Michelle-Lee Ahye of Trinidad and Tobago crossed the line first to claim gold in 11.14 seconds.
Williams was second with a time of 11.21s, while Evans clocked 11.22 for third.
This is Jamaica’s second gold and first bronze in this year’s staging of the Games.
In the men’s equivalent of the event, Yohan Blake finished third with a time of 10.19 seconds.
The South African pair of Akani Simbine and Henricho Bruintjies were first and second with times of 10.03 and 10.17 seconds respectively.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018
- How Technology Has Made The World Smaller By Creating Remote Working Environments - September 4, 2018
- “Oh What A Finish!” Leon Bailey Scores Cracker For Leverkusen - September 3, 2018
- Elderly Jamaican Man Arrested In Florida After Setting Fire To Raccoon Which Ate His Mangoes - August 30, 2018
- Chas. E. Ramson Limited. Cushions Infant Care Costs With ‘Kiss Baby’ Diaper Donations - August 26, 2018
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018