Health Ministry Reports Steep Rise In Obesity Among 13-15 Year Olds
The Ministry of Health says there has been a 68 percent increase in obesity for children between the ages of 13 to 15 over the last seven years.
While speaking with Nationwide News recently, Dr Tamu Davidson, the Director of Non- Communicable Diseases and Injury Prevention at the Ministry of Health described the findings are alarming.
The rates for boys within that age group almost doubled from 5.3 percent in 2010 to 10.3 percent in 2017.
For their female counterparts, there was an increase from 6.7 percent to 9.9 percent in 2017.
Dr Davidson said:
“Boys are becoming less active than they used to be and this may be one of the things that we think are driving the phenomenon”.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Historic! Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Qualify For The 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup - October 18, 2018
- Reggae Boy Luton Shelton Afflicted With ALS Disease - October 13, 2018
- Alia Atkinson Scares World Record - October 6, 2018
- Jamaica, Russia Sign Reciprocal Visa Waiver Agreement - October 2, 2018
- Buju’s Post Prison Tour In The Works - September 26, 2018
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018