Health Ministry Reports Steep Rise In Obesity Among 13-15 Year Olds
The Ministry of Health says there has been a 68 percent increase in obesity for children between the ages of 13 to 15 over the last seven years.
While speaking with Nationwide News recently, Dr Tamu Davidson, the Director of Non- Communicable Diseases and Injury Prevention at the Ministry of Health described the findings are alarming.
The rates for boys within that age group almost doubled from 5.3 percent in 2010 to 10.3 percent in 2017.
For their female counterparts, there was an increase from 6.7 percent to 9.9 percent in 2017.
Dr Davidson said:
“Boys are becoming less active than they used to be and this may be one of the things that we think are driving the phenomenon”.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Girlz Train At Montego Bay Sports Complex Today - January 20, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites ‘Mad And Mean’ For Season 14 - January 16, 2019
- Here Is Why 2019 Will Be A Great Year For Tourism In Jamaica - January 15, 2019
- Reggae Boy Peter-Lee Vassell Drafted by Los Angeles FC - January 13, 2019
- Caribbean Food And Drink Festival “Taste The Islands Experience” Returns To Fort Lauderdale—Bigger And Better - January 10, 2019
- Buju Concert Scheduled For March 16th In Jamaica - January 6, 2019
- Ruffi Delivers Again With New Single ‘Pressure’ - January 2, 2019
- PM And Security Experts Meet To Plan Further Anti-Crime Strategies - January 1, 2019
- New Short Film Shines Light On Bob Marley’s Love For Football - December 30, 2018
- Leon Bailey To Be Instructed By New Coach At Bayer Leverkusen - December 26, 2018