Health Ministry Reports Steep Rise In Obesity Among 13-15 Year Olds
The Ministry of Health says there has been a 68 percent increase in obesity for children between the ages of 13 to 15 over the last seven years.
While speaking with Nationwide News recently, Dr Tamu Davidson, the Director of Non- Communicable Diseases and Injury Prevention at the Ministry of Health described the findings are alarming.
The rates for boys within that age group almost doubled from 5.3 percent in 2010 to 10.3 percent in 2017.
For their female counterparts, there was an increase from 6.7 percent to 9.9 percent in 2017.
Dr Davidson said:
“Boys are becoming less active than they used to be and this may be one of the things that we think are driving the phenomenon”.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018
- CSEC Results Show Significant Improvement Over Last Year - August 13, 2018
- Jamaican Dollar Flies Past $136 Against US - August 10, 2018
- Asphalt Supplies Now Available – Petrojam - August 9, 2018
- Alia Atkinson To Receive Order Of Distinction - August 7, 2018
- Police Recover Stolen Goats in Clarendon - August 6, 2018
- Foreign Exchange: J$135.46 To One US Dollar - August 4, 2018
- Ruffi Drops Music Video For His Hit Single ‘Survive’ - August 1, 2018
- Power Star Applies For Jamaican Citizenship - July 31, 2018
- Yendi Phillipps Gets Baptised - July 30, 2018