Good Start For Jamaica At Commonwealth Games
Sunshine Girls Turn Up The Heat!
Jamaica kicked off its campaign at the commonwealth games on Wednesday in Australia with good results in several team and individual events.
Alia Atkinson earned a spot in the final of women’s 50 metres breast stroke swimming event after comfortably winning her semi-final.
She touched the wall in 30.53. Seconds to finish ahead of, England’s Sarah Vasey and Tatjana Schoenmaker of South Africa third.
She previously won heat one in 30.98 seconds.
Jamaica also did well in the men’s squash event, where Lewis Walters and Chris Binnie advanced to the round of 16.
Jamaica’s female basketball team also got off to a great start by recording a 66-57 win against India. Their next game will be against New Zealand on Saturday morning Jamaica time.
The Sunshine Girls recorded an impressive 88-30 win over Fiji on Thursday and produced another convincing 57-46 win against South Africa on Friday.
They will face Northern Ireland in their next game on Sunday.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 3: Anthony B - March 22, 2019
- Jamaican Players In the MLS - March 18, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 2: Julian Marley - March 12, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 1: Wayne Wonder - March 5, 2019
- Doctors Still Not Able To Diagnose Kemoy Campbell’s Condition - February 25, 2019
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019