Good Start For Jamaica At Commonwealth Games
Sunshine Girls Turn Up The Heat!
Jamaica kicked off its campaign at the commonwealth games on Wednesday in Australia with good results in several team and individual events.
Alia Atkinson earned a spot in the final of women’s 50 metres breast stroke swimming event after comfortably winning her semi-final.
She touched the wall in 30.53. Seconds to finish ahead of, England’s Sarah Vasey and Tatjana Schoenmaker of South Africa third.
She previously won heat one in 30.98 seconds.
Jamaica also did well in the men’s squash event, where Lewis Walters and Chris Binnie advanced to the round of 16.
Jamaica’s female basketball team also got off to a great start by recording a 66-57 win against India. Their next game will be against New Zealand on Saturday morning Jamaica time.
The Sunshine Girls recorded an impressive 88-30 win over Fiji on Thursday and produced another convincing 57-46 win against South Africa on Friday.
They will face Northern Ireland in their next game on Sunday.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018
- How Technology Has Made The World Smaller By Creating Remote Working Environments - September 4, 2018
- “Oh What A Finish!” Leon Bailey Scores Cracker For Leverkusen - September 3, 2018
- Elderly Jamaican Man Arrested In Florida After Setting Fire To Raccoon Which Ate His Mangoes - August 30, 2018
- Chas. E. Ramson Limited. Cushions Infant Care Costs With ‘Kiss Baby’ Diaper Donations - August 26, 2018
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018