Former Miss Ja Runner-up To Be Released From US Jail (Updated)
A former Miss Jamaica runner-up and JetBlue flight attendant who attempted to smuggle close to 60 pounds of a controlled substance in her carry-on luggage onto a plane at the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) has been sentenced to time served.
In March 2016, Marsha Gay Reynolds, a runner up in the 2007 Miss Jamaica Universe pageant reportedly abandoned luggage that contained clothes, condoms and cocaine at a security gate at LAX.
She was subsequently arrested and last year pleaded guilty to conspiracy to possess and distribute cocaine.
U.S. District Judge Christina Snyder was recently quoted by the online new outlet – My News LA as saying that the 33-year-old Reynolds “obviously provided substantial assistance to the government.” She also reportedly noted that prosecutors would had much more difficulty convicting Jamaican drug dealer Gaston Brown without her assistance.
According to My News LA, her testimony against Brown prompted prosecutors to recommended an unusually lenient sentence for Reynolds who had faced a mandatory minimum of 10 years behind bars for her guilty plea in December 2016 to a single federal count of conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute cocaine.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018
- CSEC Results Show Significant Improvement Over Last Year - August 13, 2018
- Jamaican Dollar Flies Past $136 Against US - August 10, 2018
- Asphalt Supplies Now Available – Petrojam - August 9, 2018
- Alia Atkinson To Receive Order Of Distinction - August 7, 2018
- Police Recover Stolen Goats in Clarendon - August 6, 2018
- Foreign Exchange: J$135.46 To One US Dollar - August 4, 2018
- Ruffi Drops Music Video For His Hit Single ‘Survive’ - August 1, 2018
- Power Star Applies For Jamaican Citizenship - July 31, 2018
- Yendi Phillipps Gets Baptised - July 30, 2018