Former Miss Ja Runner-up To Be Released From US Jail (Updated)
A former Miss Jamaica runner-up and JetBlue flight attendant who attempted to smuggle close to 60 pounds of a controlled substance in her carry-on luggage onto a plane at the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) has been sentenced to time served.
In March 2016, Marsha Gay Reynolds, a runner up in the 2007 Miss Jamaica Universe pageant reportedly abandoned luggage that contained clothes, condoms and cocaine at a security gate at LAX.
She was subsequently arrested and last year pleaded guilty to conspiracy to possess and distribute cocaine.
U.S. District Judge Christina Snyder was recently quoted by the online new outlet – My News LA as saying that the 33-year-old Reynolds “obviously provided substantial assistance to the government.” She also reportedly noted that prosecutors would had much more difficulty convicting Jamaican drug dealer Gaston Brown without her assistance.
According to My News LA, her testimony against Brown prompted prosecutors to recommended an unusually lenient sentence for Reynolds who had faced a mandatory minimum of 10 years behind bars for her guilty plea in December 2016 to a single federal count of conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute cocaine.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Shaggy Performs At Queen Elizabeth’s Birthday Party - April 24, 2018
- Oil And Gas 3D Seismic Survey Nearly 50 Percent Complete - April 22, 2018
- Solange Knowles Writes Thank You Letter To Jamaica - April 21, 2018
- Canadian Politician Sparks Outrage With Remarks About Jamaicans, Later Apologises - April 20, 2018
- Health Ministry Reports Steep Rise In Obesity Among 13-15 Year Olds - April 19, 2018
- Counterfeit Goods Valuing Over $100 Million Seized, Two Chinese Nationals Arrested - April 18, 2018
- Jamaicans Among Thousands From Caribbean To See Their Status Legalised In The UK - April 17, 2018
- Murders Down By Nearly 80 Percent In St James Under State Of Emergency - April 16, 2018
- 27 Medals For Jamaica At 2018 Commonwealth Games - April 15, 2018
- Leon Bailey Backs Bolt To Succeed As A Professional Footballer - April 14, 2018