Former Miss Ja Runner-up To Be Released From US Jail (Updated)
A former Miss Jamaica runner-up and JetBlue flight attendant who attempted to smuggle close to 60 pounds of a controlled substance in her carry-on luggage onto a plane at the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) has been sentenced to time served.
In March 2016, Marsha Gay Reynolds, a runner up in the 2007 Miss Jamaica Universe pageant reportedly abandoned luggage that contained clothes, condoms and cocaine at a security gate at LAX.
She was subsequently arrested and last year pleaded guilty to conspiracy to possess and distribute cocaine.
U.S. District Judge Christina Snyder was recently quoted by the online new outlet – My News LA as saying that the 33-year-old Reynolds “obviously provided substantial assistance to the government.” She also reportedly noted that prosecutors would had much more difficulty convicting Jamaican drug dealer Gaston Brown without her assistance.
According to My News LA, her testimony against Brown prompted prosecutors to recommended an unusually lenient sentence for Reynolds who had faced a mandatory minimum of 10 years behind bars for her guilty plea in December 2016 to a single federal count of conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute cocaine.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019
- Ruffi Drops Hot New Single “Pressure” - January 28, 2019
- Home With Breathtaking Sea View For Sale In Oracabessa - January 26, 2019
- Reggae Girlz Train At Montego Bay Sports Complex Today - January 20, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites ‘Mad And Mean’ For Season 14 - January 16, 2019
- Here Is Why 2019 Will Be A Great Year For Tourism In Jamaica - January 15, 2019