Former Miss Ja Runner-up To Be Released From US Jail (Updated)
A former Miss Jamaica runner-up and JetBlue flight attendant who attempted to smuggle close to 60 pounds of a controlled substance in her carry-on luggage onto a plane at the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) has been sentenced to time served.
In March 2016, Marsha Gay Reynolds, a runner up in the 2007 Miss Jamaica Universe pageant reportedly abandoned luggage that contained clothes, condoms and cocaine at a security gate at LAX.
She was subsequently arrested and last year pleaded guilty to conspiracy to possess and distribute cocaine.
U.S. District Judge Christina Snyder was recently quoted by the online new outlet – My News LA as saying that the 33-year-old Reynolds “obviously provided substantial assistance to the government.” She also reportedly noted that prosecutors would had much more difficulty convicting Jamaican drug dealer Gaston Brown without her assistance.
According to My News LA, her testimony against Brown prompted prosecutors to recommended an unusually lenient sentence for Reynolds who had faced a mandatory minimum of 10 years behind bars for her guilty plea in December 2016 to a single federal count of conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute cocaine.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Becomes NACAC 100m Champion - July 9, 2019
- Ruffi Scores Big With Hot New Single Holiday (VIDEO) - June 29, 2019
- Reggae Girlz Take On Scotland Today! - May 28, 2019
- Captivating Colombia Takes ‘Mad And Mean’ International Night Finals - May 23, 2019
- Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Pull Off Comfortable 3-1 Win Over Panama - May 20, 2019
- James Bond Star Suffers Injury While Filming In Jamaica - May 15, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Gear Up For ‘Mad and Mean’ Finals - May 10, 2019
- Gayle Returns Home To The Jamaica Tallawahs - May 6, 2019
- Less People Getting Married In Jamaica - April 22, 2019
- Minor Quake Rattles Sections Of Jamaica - April 15, 2019