Commish’s Credit Card Cloned Just Weeks Before He Took Office, Over $1 Million Stolen
In February of this year, Fraud Squad detectives reportedly initiated a probe after it was discovered that former Chief of Defence Staff and now Commissioner of Police, Major General Antony Anderson had been defrauded.
His credit card was reportedly cloned with over $1 million subsequently taken from his account.
A 44-year-old businessman was nabbed by law enforcement in connection with the scam, but recently had his bail extended at the St Andrew Parish Court.
The businessman was charged by the Fraud Squad after he allegedly used $83,000 via General Anderson’s credit card to pay his son’s high school tuition.
Investigators say the illegal activities with the card commenced on February 22 and according to cops, criminals stole $1.3 million over a one-week period.
A man and woman who reportedly created two cloned cards from Anderson’s card used them to buy appliances, car rims and $30,000 worth of hair, among other items.
The businessman was arrested and charged on March 9.
Anderson’s appointment as Police Commissioner took effect on March 19.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- US-Born Citizen Nearly Deported To Jamaica - December 7, 2018
- First Solo Art Exhibition For Maia Chung At Reggae Mill - December 4, 2018
- Dalton Harris Wins The X Factor - December 2, 2018
- Reggae Music Added To Global Cultural Heritage List - December 1, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Advances To X Factor Finals - November 26, 2018
- NRSC Commends Government On Passing Of Road Traffic Act 2018 - November 23, 2018
- Jamaica Defeats USA To Qualify For Rugby League World Cup - November 21, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Delivers Incredible Rendition Of Beyonce’s ‘Listen’ On X Factor UK - November 18, 2018
- Stunning Furnished Home For RENT In Stonebrook Estate - November 12, 2018
- Jamaican Author Dwight Thompson Delivers Hard-Hitting Coming-Of-Age Tale With Debut Novel - November 11, 2018