Blake Cruises Into 100m Final At Commonwealth Games
It has been smooth sailing so far for Jamaica’s Yohan Blake at the Commonwealth Games currently underway at Gold Coast in Australia.
On Sunday, the 2011 World 100m champion won his preliminary race in 10.15 to cross the line ahead of Nigerian Seve Ogunlewe, who clocked a season’s best 10.20.
He subsequently won his semi-final race clocking a respectable 10.06 seconds to beat Englishman Adam Gemili who clocked 10.11.
The result means he has automatically qualified for the final of the event, which is scheduled for Monday at 7:15 am (Jamaica time).
Unfortunately, he will be the only representative from Jamaica in the final as Nigel Ellis and Oshane Bailey have already been eliminated.
Ellis finished second in Heat 5 of the preliminary round with a time 10.32 and Bailey clocked 10.28 to finish behind South African Akani Simbine (10.21) in Heat 3.
Three Jamaicans also earned a spot in the final of the women’s 100 metres. They are Gayon Evans, Christania Williams and Natasha Morrison.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- US-Born Citizen Nearly Deported To Jamaica - December 7, 2018
- First Solo Art Exhibition For Maia Chung At Reggae Mill - December 4, 2018
- Dalton Harris Wins The X Factor - December 2, 2018
- Reggae Music Added To Global Cultural Heritage List - December 1, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Advances To X Factor Finals - November 26, 2018
- NRSC Commends Government On Passing Of Road Traffic Act 2018 - November 23, 2018
- Jamaica Defeats USA To Qualify For Rugby League World Cup - November 21, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Delivers Incredible Rendition Of Beyonce’s ‘Listen’ On X Factor UK - November 18, 2018
- Stunning Furnished Home For RENT In Stonebrook Estate - November 12, 2018
- Jamaican Author Dwight Thompson Delivers Hard-Hitting Coming-Of-Age Tale With Debut Novel - November 11, 2018