Blake Cruises Into 100m Final At Commonwealth Games
It has been smooth sailing so far for Jamaica’s Yohan Blake at the Commonwealth Games currently underway at Gold Coast in Australia.
On Sunday, the 2011 World 100m champion won his preliminary race in 10.15 to cross the line ahead of Nigerian Seve Ogunlewe, who clocked a season’s best 10.20.
He subsequently won his semi-final race clocking a respectable 10.06 seconds to beat Englishman Adam Gemili who clocked 10.11.
The result means he has automatically qualified for the final of the event, which is scheduled for Monday at 7:15 am (Jamaica time).
Unfortunately, he will be the only representative from Jamaica in the final as Nigel Ellis and Oshane Bailey have already been eliminated.
Ellis finished second in Heat 5 of the preliminary round with a time 10.32 and Bailey clocked 10.28 to finish behind South African Akani Simbine (10.21) in Heat 3.
Three Jamaicans also earned a spot in the final of the women’s 100 metres. They are Gayon Evans, Christania Williams and Natasha Morrison.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019
- Ruffi Drops Hot New Single “Pressure” - January 28, 2019
- Home With Breathtaking Sea View For Sale In Oracabessa - January 26, 2019
- Reggae Girlz Train At Montego Bay Sports Complex Today - January 20, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites ‘Mad And Mean’ For Season 14 - January 16, 2019
- Here Is Why 2019 Will Be A Great Year For Tourism In Jamaica - January 15, 2019