Blake Cruises Into 100m Final At Commonwealth Games
It has been smooth sailing so far for Jamaica’s Yohan Blake at the Commonwealth Games currently underway at Gold Coast in Australia.
On Sunday, the 2011 World 100m champion won his preliminary race in 10.15 to cross the line ahead of Nigerian Seve Ogunlewe, who clocked a season’s best 10.20.
He subsequently won his semi-final race clocking a respectable 10.06 seconds to beat Englishman Adam Gemili who clocked 10.11.
The result means he has automatically qualified for the final of the event, which is scheduled for Monday at 7:15 am (Jamaica time).
Unfortunately, he will be the only representative from Jamaica in the final as Nigel Ellis and Oshane Bailey have already been eliminated.
Ellis finished second in Heat 5 of the preliminary round with a time 10.32 and Bailey clocked 10.28 to finish behind South African Akani Simbine (10.21) in Heat 3.
Three Jamaicans also earned a spot in the final of the women’s 100 metres. They are Gayon Evans, Christania Williams and Natasha Morrison.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Bolt To Train With Australian A-League Side Central Coast Mariners - July 17, 2018
- Accident Claims Life Of UWI Student In St Mary - July 16, 2018
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Secures Rare Sprint Double At World U20 Championships - July 14, 2018
- Petrol Prices Surge Locally - July 12, 2018
- Protoje Tops Billboard Reggae Chart - July 11, 2018
- Kartel Possibly One Step Closer To Freedom - July 9, 2018
- Elderly Man Suspected Of Committing Suicide In Kingston - July 8, 2018
- Kartel’s Appeal Trial To Commence Next Week - July 6, 2018
- Jamaican-American Actress Sheryl Lee Ralph Inducted Into ICS Wall Of Fame - July 4, 2018
- Zero Murders In St Ann Last Month - July 3, 2018