Blake Cruises Into 100m Final At Commonwealth Games
It has been smooth sailing so far for Jamaica’s Yohan Blake at the Commonwealth Games currently underway at Gold Coast in Australia.
On Sunday, the 2011 World 100m champion won his preliminary race in 10.15 to cross the line ahead of Nigerian Seve Ogunlewe, who clocked a season’s best 10.20.
He subsequently won his semi-final race clocking a respectable 10.06 seconds to beat Englishman Adam Gemili who clocked 10.11.
The result means he has automatically qualified for the final of the event, which is scheduled for Monday at 7:15 am (Jamaica time).
Unfortunately, he will be the only representative from Jamaica in the final as Nigel Ellis and Oshane Bailey have already been eliminated.
Ellis finished second in Heat 5 of the preliminary round with a time 10.32 and Bailey clocked 10.28 to finish behind South African Akani Simbine (10.21) in Heat 3.
Three Jamaicans also earned a spot in the final of the women’s 100 metres. They are Gayon Evans, Christania Williams and Natasha Morrison.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018
- How Technology Has Made The World Smaller By Creating Remote Working Environments - September 4, 2018
- “Oh What A Finish!” Leon Bailey Scores Cracker For Leverkusen - September 3, 2018
- Elderly Jamaican Man Arrested In Florida After Setting Fire To Raccoon Which Ate His Mangoes - August 30, 2018
- Chas. E. Ramson Limited. Cushions Infant Care Costs With ‘Kiss Baby’ Diaper Donations - August 26, 2018
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018