82 Medals For Jamaica At 2018 Carifta Games
Jamaica once again dominated their regional rivals at the recently concluded Carifta Games in The Bahamas.
Jamaica won a total of 82 medals comprised of 44 gold, 27 silver and 11 bronze.
And US-based 16-year-old Jamaican Briana Williams won the Austin Sealy Award for her incredible performances throughout the competition.
The Austin Sealy Award is presented to the athlete adjudged the most outstanding, either in terms of record accomplishment, or quality of performance as compared to other top medallists.
Williams was first in the Girls’ Under 17 100 metres, setting a new Carifta Games record of 11.27 seconds.
She was also a part of Jamaica’s sprint relay team that finished first, setting a new record of 44.95 seconds on Sunday.
And on Monday she comfortably won 200-metre final in 23.11 seconds to earn her third gold medal of the meet.
The CARIFTA Games is an annual athletics competition founded by the Caribbean Free Trade Association (CARIFTA). The games was first held in 1972 and consists of track and field events including sprint races, hurdles, middle distance track events, jumping and throwing events, and relays.
The Games has two age categories: under-17 and under-20. Only countries associated with CARIFTA may compete in the competition.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Shaggy Performs At Queen Elizabeth’s Birthday Party - April 24, 2018
- Oil And Gas 3D Seismic Survey Nearly 50 Percent Complete - April 22, 2018
- Solange Knowles Writes Thank You Letter To Jamaica - April 21, 2018
- Canadian Politician Sparks Outrage With Remarks About Jamaicans, Later Apologises - April 20, 2018
- Health Ministry Reports Steep Rise In Obesity Among 13-15 Year Olds - April 19, 2018
- Counterfeit Goods Valuing Over $100 Million Seized, Two Chinese Nationals Arrested - April 18, 2018
- Jamaicans Among Thousands From Caribbean To See Their Status Legalised In The UK - April 17, 2018
- Murders Down By Nearly 80 Percent In St James Under State Of Emergency - April 16, 2018
- 27 Medals For Jamaica At 2018 Commonwealth Games - April 15, 2018
- Leon Bailey Backs Bolt To Succeed As A Professional Footballer - April 14, 2018