27 Medals For Jamaica At 2018 Commonwealth Games
Jamaica finished second on the track and field medal table and eleventh overall at the 2018 Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast in Australia.
The island’s runners earned 1 gold, 1 silver and 2 bronze in the four relays contested on the penultimate day of the Games.
Jamaica’s overall medal tally is 27 with 7 gold, 9 silver and 11 bronze.
The quartet of Stephanie Ann McPherson, Anastasia Leroy, Jenieve Russell and Christine day comfortably won the women’s 4×400 meters relay, in 3 minutes 24 seconds.
In the men’s equivalent, Jamaica, with Javon Francis on anchor won bronze after producing a season best of 3 minutes 01.97 seconds with Botswana taking the gold in 3 minutes 01.78, and Bahamas the silver in a season best 3 minutes 01.92.
And earlier, Jamaica’s women won silver in the women’s ‘s 4×100 meters relay after clocking 45.52 seconds. England won gold with a national record of 42.46 seconds. Nigeria took the bronze in 42.75 seconds.
Jamaica also earned a bronze medal in the men’s 4×100 meters with a time of 38.35 seconds. England won gold with a time of 38.13 seconds, with south Africa second in a national record 38.24 seconds.
After suffering a narrow 55-56 defeat to England in their semi-final, Jamaica’s Sunshine Girls bounced back with a 5 point victory over New Zealand on Sunday to take bronze (60-55).
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Boy Luton Shelton Afflicted With ALS Disease - October 13, 2018
- Alia Atkinson Scares World Record - October 6, 2018
- Jamaica, Russia Sign Reciprocal Visa Waiver Agreement - October 2, 2018
- Buju’s Post Prison Tour In The Works - September 26, 2018
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018
- How Technology Has Made The World Smaller By Creating Remote Working Environments - September 4, 2018