27 Medals For Jamaica At 2018 Commonwealth Games
Jamaica finished second on the track and field medal table and eleventh overall at the 2018 Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast in Australia.
The island’s runners earned 1 gold, 1 silver and 2 bronze in the four relays contested on the penultimate day of the Games.
Jamaica’s overall medal tally is 27 with 7 gold, 9 silver and 11 bronze.
The quartet of Stephanie Ann McPherson, Anastasia Leroy, Jenieve Russell and Christine day comfortably won the women’s 4×400 meters relay, in 3 minutes 24 seconds.
In the men’s equivalent, Jamaica, with Javon Francis on anchor won bronze after producing a season best of 3 minutes 01.97 seconds with Botswana taking the gold in 3 minutes 01.78, and Bahamas the silver in a season best 3 minutes 01.92.
And earlier, Jamaica’s women won silver in the women’s ‘s 4×100 meters relay after clocking 45.52 seconds. England won gold with a national record of 42.46 seconds. Nigeria took the bronze in 42.75 seconds.
Jamaica also earned a bronze medal in the men’s 4×100 meters with a time of 38.35 seconds. England won gold with a time of 38.13 seconds, with south Africa second in a national record 38.24 seconds.
After suffering a narrow 55-56 defeat to England in their semi-final, Jamaica’s Sunshine Girls bounced back with a 5 point victory over New Zealand on Sunday to take bronze (60-55).
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Shaggy Performs At Queen Elizabeth’s Birthday Party - April 24, 2018
- Oil And Gas 3D Seismic Survey Nearly 50 Percent Complete - April 22, 2018
- Solange Knowles Writes Thank You Letter To Jamaica - April 21, 2018
- Canadian Politician Sparks Outrage With Remarks About Jamaicans, Later Apologises - April 20, 2018
- Health Ministry Reports Steep Rise In Obesity Among 13-15 Year Olds - April 19, 2018
- Counterfeit Goods Valuing Over $100 Million Seized, Two Chinese Nationals Arrested - April 18, 2018
- Jamaicans Among Thousands From Caribbean To See Their Status Legalised In The UK - April 17, 2018
- Murders Down By Nearly 80 Percent In St James Under State Of Emergency - April 16, 2018
- 27 Medals For Jamaica At 2018 Commonwealth Games - April 15, 2018
- Leon Bailey Backs Bolt To Succeed As A Professional Footballer - April 14, 2018