St Catherine State Of Emergency Getting Results
A few weeks ago Prime Minister Andrew Holness revealed that a State of Public Emergency had been declared in the St. Catherine North Police Division.
The enhanced security measures took effect on Sunday March 18, 2018.
And the heightened security presence appears to be reaping good results as data from the police indicate there have been no report of murders or other serious crimes committed in the aforementioned area.
Prime Minister Andrew Holness reportedly made the disclosure recently while giving an update in the House of Representatives.
The prime minister also reportedly stated there has been a 70 percent reduction in in murders in St. James since a State of Public Emergency was declared in that parish over 3 months ago.
And yesterday Prime Minister Holness revealed that the Sate of Public Emergency for St. Catherine North Police Division has been extended.
Via a social media post, he said:
“The House of Representatives, yesterday (March 27), approved the Emergency Powers (No. 2) (Continuance) Resolution, 2018, which will extend the State of Public Emergency in the St. Catherine North Police Division until July 3, 2018.
All 49 Members of the House who were present voted in favour of the Motion. Fourteen members were absent.”
He also said:
“During the State of Public Emergency, the security forces will have the power to search, curtail operating hours of business, restrict access to places and detain persons without a warrant. It also gives them power to stop and question persons and power to seize property.”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- US-Born Citizen Nearly Deported To Jamaica - December 7, 2018
- First Solo Art Exhibition For Maia Chung At Reggae Mill - December 4, 2018
- Dalton Harris Wins The X Factor - December 2, 2018
- Reggae Music Added To Global Cultural Heritage List - December 1, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Advances To X Factor Finals - November 26, 2018
- NRSC Commends Government On Passing Of Road Traffic Act 2018 - November 23, 2018
- Jamaica Defeats USA To Qualify For Rugby League World Cup - November 21, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Delivers Incredible Rendition Of Beyonce’s ‘Listen’ On X Factor UK - November 18, 2018
- Stunning Furnished Home For RENT In Stonebrook Estate - November 12, 2018
- Jamaican Author Dwight Thompson Delivers Hard-Hitting Coming-Of-Age Tale With Debut Novel - November 11, 2018