St Catherine State Of Emergency Getting Results
A few weeks ago Prime Minister Andrew Holness revealed that a State of Public Emergency had been declared in the St. Catherine North Police Division.
The enhanced security measures took effect on Sunday March 18, 2018.
And the heightened security presence appears to be reaping good results as data from the police indicate there have been no report of murders or other serious crimes committed in the aforementioned area.
Prime Minister Andrew Holness reportedly made the disclosure recently while giving an update in the House of Representatives.
The prime minister also reportedly stated there has been a 70 percent reduction in in murders in St. James since a State of Public Emergency was declared in that parish over 3 months ago.
And yesterday Prime Minister Holness revealed that the Sate of Public Emergency for St. Catherine North Police Division has been extended.
Via a social media post, he said:
“The House of Representatives, yesterday (March 27), approved the Emergency Powers (No. 2) (Continuance) Resolution, 2018, which will extend the State of Public Emergency in the St. Catherine North Police Division until July 3, 2018.
All 49 Members of the House who were present voted in favour of the Motion. Fourteen members were absent.”
He also said:
“During the State of Public Emergency, the security forces will have the power to search, curtail operating hours of business, restrict access to places and detain persons without a warrant. It also gives them power to stop and question persons and power to seize property.”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Shaggy Performs At Queen Elizabeth’s Birthday Party - April 24, 2018
- Oil And Gas 3D Seismic Survey Nearly 50 Percent Complete - April 22, 2018
- Solange Knowles Writes Thank You Letter To Jamaica - April 21, 2018
- Canadian Politician Sparks Outrage With Remarks About Jamaicans, Later Apologises - April 20, 2018
- Health Ministry Reports Steep Rise In Obesity Among 13-15 Year Olds - April 19, 2018
- Counterfeit Goods Valuing Over $100 Million Seized, Two Chinese Nationals Arrested - April 18, 2018
- Jamaicans Among Thousands From Caribbean To See Their Status Legalised In The UK - April 17, 2018
- Murders Down By Nearly 80 Percent In St James Under State Of Emergency - April 16, 2018
- 27 Medals For Jamaica At 2018 Commonwealth Games - April 15, 2018
- Leon Bailey Backs Bolt To Succeed As A Professional Footballer - April 14, 2018