Jamaican Among Six Killed In Bridge Collapse At Florida University
On Thursday (March 15) a a 950-tonne pedestrian bridge at Miami’s Florida International University collapsed onto a busy highway killing six people.
A Jamaican man was reportedly among the victims who were crushed by the bridge.
He has been identified by media outlets in the United States as 37-year-old Navaro Brown.
According to WPLG he was working with a company called VSL Structural Technologies on a pedestrian bridge connecting Florida International University’s main campus when he was killed.
A report by CNN says just two days prior to the collapse an engineer for the company that designed the bridge notified a Florida Department of Transportation employee, warning of “some cracking.”
Investigators are still trying to determine exactly what led to the collapse.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Bolt To Train With Australian A-League Side Central Coast Mariners - July 17, 2018
- Accident Claims Life Of UWI Student In St Mary - July 16, 2018
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Secures Rare Sprint Double At World U20 Championships - July 14, 2018
- Petrol Prices Surge Locally - July 12, 2018
- Protoje Tops Billboard Reggae Chart - July 11, 2018
- Kartel Possibly One Step Closer To Freedom - July 9, 2018
- Elderly Man Suspected Of Committing Suicide In Kingston - July 8, 2018
- Kartel’s Appeal Trial To Commence Next Week - July 6, 2018
- Jamaican-American Actress Sheryl Lee Ralph Inducted Into ICS Wall Of Fame - July 4, 2018
- Zero Murders In St Ann Last Month - July 3, 2018