Jamaican Among Six Killed In Bridge Collapse At Florida University
On Thursday (March 15) a a 950-tonne pedestrian bridge at Miami’s Florida International University collapsed onto a busy highway killing six people.
A Jamaican man was reportedly among the victims who were crushed by the bridge.
He has been identified by media outlets in the United States as 37-year-old Navaro Brown.
According to WPLG he was working with a company called VSL Structural Technologies on a pedestrian bridge connecting Florida International University’s main campus when he was killed.
A report by CNN says just two days prior to the collapse an engineer for the company that designed the bridge notified a Florida Department of Transportation employee, warning of “some cracking.”
Investigators are still trying to determine exactly what led to the collapse.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- US-Born Citizen Nearly Deported To Jamaica - December 7, 2018
- First Solo Art Exhibition For Maia Chung At Reggae Mill - December 4, 2018
- Dalton Harris Wins The X Factor - December 2, 2018
- Reggae Music Added To Global Cultural Heritage List - December 1, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Advances To X Factor Finals - November 26, 2018
- NRSC Commends Government On Passing Of Road Traffic Act 2018 - November 23, 2018
- Jamaica Defeats USA To Qualify For Rugby League World Cup - November 21, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Delivers Incredible Rendition Of Beyonce’s ‘Listen’ On X Factor UK - November 18, 2018
- Stunning Furnished Home For RENT In Stonebrook Estate - November 12, 2018
- Jamaican Author Dwight Thompson Delivers Hard-Hitting Coming-Of-Age Tale With Debut Novel - November 11, 2018