Jamaican Among Six Killed In Bridge Collapse At Florida University
On Thursday (March 15) a a 950-tonne pedestrian bridge at Miami’s Florida International University collapsed onto a busy highway killing six people.
A Jamaican man was reportedly among the victims who were crushed by the bridge.
He has been identified by media outlets in the United States as 37-year-old Navaro Brown.
According to WPLG he was working with a company called VSL Structural Technologies on a pedestrian bridge connecting Florida International University’s main campus when he was killed.
A report by CNN says just two days prior to the collapse an engineer for the company that designed the bridge notified a Florida Department of Transportation employee, warning of “some cracking.”
Investigators are still trying to determine exactly what led to the collapse.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018
- How Technology Has Made The World Smaller By Creating Remote Working Environments - September 4, 2018
- “Oh What A Finish!” Leon Bailey Scores Cracker For Leverkusen - September 3, 2018
- Elderly Jamaican Man Arrested In Florida After Setting Fire To Raccoon Which Ate His Mangoes - August 30, 2018
- Chas. E. Ramson Limited. Cushions Infant Care Costs With ‘Kiss Baby’ Diaper Donations - August 26, 2018
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018