Jamaican Among Six Killed In Bridge Collapse At Florida University
On Thursday (March 15) a a 950-tonne pedestrian bridge at Miami’s Florida International University collapsed onto a busy highway killing six people.
A Jamaican man was reportedly among the victims who were crushed by the bridge.
He has been identified by media outlets in the United States as 37-year-old Navaro Brown.
According to WPLG he was working with a company called VSL Structural Technologies on a pedestrian bridge connecting Florida International University’s main campus when he was killed.
A report by CNN says just two days prior to the collapse an engineer for the company that designed the bridge notified a Florida Department of Transportation employee, warning of “some cracking.”
Investigators are still trying to determine exactly what led to the collapse.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 3: Anthony B - March 22, 2019
- Jamaican Players In the MLS - March 18, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 2: Julian Marley - March 12, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 1: Wayne Wonder - March 5, 2019
- Doctors Still Not Able To Diagnose Kemoy Campbell’s Condition - February 25, 2019
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019