Expansion Work On Ian Fleming Airport To Commence Today
Work to expand the Ian Fleming International Airport in Boscobel, St. Mary is scheduled to commence today (march 12).
The expansion effort is being carried out in a bid to make the airport a regional hub.
National Security Minister, Hon. Robert Montague made the revelation last week at the ground-breaking ceremony for the construction of a new police station by the National Housing Trust (NHT) in Port Maria.
He is quoted by JIS as saying:
“We already have two applications (from) airlines wanting to be based at Boscobel,” the Minister said.
“We have to expand the terminal building and we have to widen the runway. Phase two includes lengthening the runway, and we will be going across the highway with a box culvert, so the planes will taxi across the highway.”
The airport is named for Ian Fleming – the creator of the James Bond novels, whose Goldeneye estate is also located in St Mary.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Historic! Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Qualify For The 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup - October 18, 2018
- Reggae Boy Luton Shelton Afflicted With ALS Disease - October 13, 2018
- Alia Atkinson Scares World Record - October 6, 2018
- Jamaica, Russia Sign Reciprocal Visa Waiver Agreement - October 2, 2018
- Buju’s Post Prison Tour In The Works - September 26, 2018
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018