Expansion Work On Ian Fleming Airport To Commence Today
Work to expand the Ian Fleming International Airport in Boscobel, St. Mary is scheduled to commence today (march 12).
The expansion effort is being carried out in a bid to make the airport a regional hub.
National Security Minister, Hon. Robert Montague made the revelation last week at the ground-breaking ceremony for the construction of a new police station by the National Housing Trust (NHT) in Port Maria.
He is quoted by JIS as saying:
“We already have two applications (from) airlines wanting to be based at Boscobel,” the Minister said.
“We have to expand the terminal building and we have to widen the runway. Phase two includes lengthening the runway, and we will be going across the highway with a box culvert, so the planes will taxi across the highway.”
The airport is named for Ian Fleming – the creator of the James Bond novels, whose Goldeneye estate is also located in St Mary.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 3: Anthony B - March 22, 2019
- Jamaican Players In the MLS - March 18, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 2: Julian Marley - March 12, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 1: Wayne Wonder - March 5, 2019
- Doctors Still Not Able To Diagnose Kemoy Campbell’s Condition - February 25, 2019
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019