Expansion Work On Ian Fleming Airport To Commence Today
Work to expand the Ian Fleming International Airport in Boscobel, St. Mary is scheduled to commence today (march 12).
The expansion effort is being carried out in a bid to make the airport a regional hub.
National Security Minister, Hon. Robert Montague made the revelation last week at the ground-breaking ceremony for the construction of a new police station by the National Housing Trust (NHT) in Port Maria.
He is quoted by JIS as saying:
“We already have two applications (from) airlines wanting to be based at Boscobel,” the Minister said.
“We have to expand the terminal building and we have to widen the runway. Phase two includes lengthening the runway, and we will be going across the highway with a box culvert, so the planes will taxi across the highway.”
The airport is named for Ian Fleming – the creator of the James Bond novels, whose Goldeneye estate is also located in St Mary.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Becomes NACAC 100m Champion - July 9, 2019
- Ruffi Scores Big With Hot New Single Holiday (VIDEO) - June 29, 2019
- Reggae Girlz Take On Scotland Today! - May 28, 2019
- Captivating Colombia Takes ‘Mad And Mean’ International Night Finals - May 23, 2019
- Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Pull Off Comfortable 3-1 Win Over Panama - May 20, 2019
- James Bond Star Suffers Injury While Filming In Jamaica - May 15, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Gear Up For ‘Mad and Mean’ Finals - May 10, 2019
- Gayle Returns Home To The Jamaica Tallawahs - May 6, 2019
- Less People Getting Married In Jamaica - April 22, 2019
- Minor Quake Rattles Sections Of Jamaica - April 15, 2019