Expansion Work On Ian Fleming Airport To Commence Today
Work to expand the Ian Fleming International Airport in Boscobel, St. Mary is scheduled to commence today (march 12).
The expansion effort is being carried out in a bid to make the airport a regional hub.
National Security Minister, Hon. Robert Montague made the revelation last week at the ground-breaking ceremony for the construction of a new police station by the National Housing Trust (NHT) in Port Maria.
He is quoted by JIS as saying:
“We already have two applications (from) airlines wanting to be based at Boscobel,” the Minister said.
“We have to expand the terminal building and we have to widen the runway. Phase two includes lengthening the runway, and we will be going across the highway with a box culvert, so the planes will taxi across the highway.”
The airport is named for Ian Fleming – the creator of the James Bond novels, whose Goldeneye estate is also located in St Mary.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Caribbean Airlines To Launch Flights From Jamaica To Cuba - October 21, 2019
- LISTEN: Ras Ghandi-State Of Emergency - October 19, 2019
- Ruffi Drops Awesome Music Video For His Hit Single ‘Pressure’ - October 18, 2019
- Gov’t Signs Contract to Build 1650 Homes In St Catherine - October 17, 2019
- Jamaican Gymnast Danusia Francis Books Spot At Olympic Games - October 10, 2019
- Massive Victory! Jamaica Take Gold In Women’s 4×100 At World Champs - October 6, 2019
- Health Ministry Halts Importation of Zantac - October 3, 2019
- JFF Calls For Women And Families To Come Out In Support Of The Reggae Girlz - September 19, 2019
- Visual Artist Maia Chung Invited By Major Italian Gallery For Consideration For Important Art Residency In Italy 2019 - September 18, 2019
- Players Struck By Lightning At Manning Cup Match - September 17, 2019