Expansion Work On Ian Fleming Airport To Commence Today
Work to expand the Ian Fleming International Airport in Boscobel, St. Mary is scheduled to commence today (march 12).
The expansion effort is being carried out in a bid to make the airport a regional hub.
National Security Minister, Hon. Robert Montague made the revelation last week at the ground-breaking ceremony for the construction of a new police station by the National Housing Trust (NHT) in Port Maria.
He is quoted by JIS as saying:
“We already have two applications (from) airlines wanting to be based at Boscobel,” the Minister said.
“We have to expand the terminal building and we have to widen the runway. Phase two includes lengthening the runway, and we will be going across the highway with a box culvert, so the planes will taxi across the highway.”
The airport is named for Ian Fleming – the creator of the James Bond novels, whose Goldeneye estate is also located in St Mary.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Girlz Train At Montego Bay Sports Complex Today - January 20, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites ‘Mad And Mean’ For Season 14 - January 16, 2019
- Here Is Why 2019 Will Be A Great Year For Tourism In Jamaica - January 15, 2019
- Reggae Boy Peter-Lee Vassell Drafted by Los Angeles FC - January 13, 2019
- Caribbean Food And Drink Festival “Taste The Islands Experience” Returns To Fort Lauderdale—Bigger And Better - January 10, 2019
- Buju Concert Scheduled For March 16th In Jamaica - January 6, 2019
- Ruffi Delivers Again With New Single ‘Pressure’ - January 2, 2019
- PM And Security Experts Meet To Plan Further Anti-Crime Strategies - January 1, 2019
- New Short Film Shines Light On Bob Marley’s Love For Football - December 30, 2018
- Leon Bailey To Be Instructed By New Coach At Bayer Leverkusen - December 26, 2018