Calabar, Edwin Allen Defend Champs Titles
On Saturday Calabar and Edwin Allen comfortably defended their respective Champs titles at the ISSA/GraceKennedy Boys and Girls Athletics Championships at the National Stadium.
Calabar won their seventh straight title with Kingston College placing second and Jamaica College third.
The institution – located on Red Hills Road has now gotten a hold on the Mortimer Geddes trophy 28 times.
Calabar amassed a whopping 368.50 points with KC tallying 278. Jamaica College ended with 224.50.
St Jago tallied 146 with St Elizabeth Technical 95 and Wolmer’s 94.5.
Edwin Allen High, which entered the final day on 148 points, a sizeable 39 points ahead of Holmwood Technical, tallied 326 to win the girls’ championships.
Holmwood finished second with 287 followed by Hydel 277 and St Jago 180, Vere Technical 106.50 and Excelsior 103.50.
Edwin Allen have now won six titles overall.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Shaggy Performs At Queen Elizabeth’s Birthday Party - April 24, 2018
- Oil And Gas 3D Seismic Survey Nearly 50 Percent Complete - April 22, 2018
- Solange Knowles Writes Thank You Letter To Jamaica - April 21, 2018
- Canadian Politician Sparks Outrage With Remarks About Jamaicans, Later Apologises - April 20, 2018
- Health Ministry Reports Steep Rise In Obesity Among 13-15 Year Olds - April 19, 2018
- Counterfeit Goods Valuing Over $100 Million Seized, Two Chinese Nationals Arrested - April 18, 2018
- Jamaicans Among Thousands From Caribbean To See Their Status Legalised In The UK - April 17, 2018
- Murders Down By Nearly 80 Percent In St James Under State Of Emergency - April 16, 2018
- 27 Medals For Jamaica At 2018 Commonwealth Games - April 15, 2018
- Leon Bailey Backs Bolt To Succeed As A Professional Footballer - April 14, 2018