Two Charged For Murder Of Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple
Two persons have reportedly been charged with murder for the gruesome death of an elderly Jamaican-Canadian couple.
Melbourne Flake, 81, and his wife Etta Flake, 70, were found dead in their house with their hands and feet bound last month in St Thomas.
The accused are Fabian Skervin, 25, and his girlfriend, Nekia Thompson. They have both been charged with two counts of murder and a count of robbery with aggravation.
Skervin was slapped with his charge last week, while Thompson was charged on Tuesday.
The accused couple was reportedly held by the police in Seaforth, St Thomas on February 7.
The Flakes resided in Winnipeg, Manitoba – Canada but were both Canadian and Jamaican citizens.
They had five children and 14 grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Debbie Olfert, a daughter of the couple told CBC News that the Flakes immigrated to Canada 53 years ago from Jamaica in search of work.
Melbourne plied his trade as a carpenter and Etta worked as a nurse.
Olfert also reportedly stated that her parents enjoyed spending time in their homeland and had just begun to enjoy their new home in the winters.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 3: Anthony B - March 22, 2019
- Jamaican Players In the MLS - March 18, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 2: Julian Marley - March 12, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 1: Wayne Wonder - March 5, 2019
- Doctors Still Not Able To Diagnose Kemoy Campbell’s Condition - February 25, 2019
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019