State Of Emergency Given Softer Title – Now “Enhanced Security Measures”
The State of Public Emergency in St. James, is to now be referred to as Enhanced Security Measures.
Security Minister Robert Montague is of the view that the title “State of Emergency” can have a negative impact on the island’s tourism industry.
He made the announcement while speaking in Montego Bay, St. James on Sunday.
Mr. Montague also said crime is a social problem, and reiterated the need for young people to be educated, to ultimately help them avoid being involved in crime and violence.
Additionally, Mr. Montague said the absence of certain social norms has adversely affected the upbringing of young people.
Mr. Montague also said the justice system is overburdened, as evidenced by the fact that it is not producing results as quickly as it ought to.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018
- Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford - June 12, 2018
- Wayne Marshall Announces Death Of His Father In Touching Social Media Post - June 11, 2018
- Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix - June 10, 2018
- Prime Minister Makes Historic Appearance At G7 Summit! - June 9, 2018
- Shelly-Ann Fraser Pryce Is Back On Track At The JN Racers Grand Prix Live On 1spotmedia Pay- Per- View - June 8, 2018