State Of Emergency Given Softer Title – Now “Enhanced Security Measures”
The State of Public Emergency in St. James, is to now be referred to as Enhanced Security Measures.
Security Minister Robert Montague is of the view that the title “State of Emergency” can have a negative impact on the island’s tourism industry.
He made the announcement while speaking in Montego Bay, St. James on Sunday.
Mr. Montague also said crime is a social problem, and reiterated the need for young people to be educated, to ultimately help them avoid being involved in crime and violence.
Additionally, Mr. Montague said the absence of certain social norms has adversely affected the upbringing of young people.
Mr. Montague also said the justice system is overburdened, as evidenced by the fact that it is not producing results as quickly as it ought to.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- How To Use The Internet For Additional Earnings - April 26, 2018
- Shaggy Performs At Queen Elizabeth’s Birthday Party - April 24, 2018
- Oil And Gas 3D Seismic Survey Nearly 50 Percent Complete - April 22, 2018
- Solange Knowles Writes Thank You Letter To Jamaica - April 21, 2018
- Canadian Politician Sparks Outrage With Remarks About Jamaicans, Later Apologises - April 20, 2018
- Health Ministry Reports Steep Rise In Obesity Among 13-15 Year Olds - April 19, 2018
- Counterfeit Goods Valuing Over $100 Million Seized, Two Chinese Nationals Arrested - April 18, 2018
- Jamaicans Among Thousands From Caribbean To See Their Status Legalised In The UK - April 17, 2018
- Murders Down By Nearly 80 Percent In St James Under State Of Emergency - April 16, 2018
- 27 Medals For Jamaica At 2018 Commonwealth Games - April 15, 2018