State Of Emergency Given Softer Title – Now “Enhanced Security Measures”
The State of Public Emergency in St. James, is to now be referred to as Enhanced Security Measures.
Security Minister Robert Montague is of the view that the title “State of Emergency” can have a negative impact on the island’s tourism industry.
He made the announcement while speaking in Montego Bay, St. James on Sunday.
Mr. Montague also said crime is a social problem, and reiterated the need for young people to be educated, to ultimately help them avoid being involved in crime and violence.
Additionally, Mr. Montague said the absence of certain social norms has adversely affected the upbringing of young people.
Mr. Montague also said the justice system is overburdened, as evidenced by the fact that it is not producing results as quickly as it ought to.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Captivating Colombia Takes ‘Mad And Mean’ International Night Finals - May 23, 2019
- Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Pull Off Comfortable 3-1 Win Over Panama - May 20, 2019
- James Bond Star Suffers Injury While Filming In Jamaica - May 15, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Gear Up For ‘Mad and Mean’ Finals - May 10, 2019
- Gayle Returns Home To The Jamaica Tallawahs - May 6, 2019
- Less People Getting Married In Jamaica - April 22, 2019
- Minor Quake Rattles Sections Of Jamaica - April 15, 2019
- Who Will Win The Jamaican Premier Football League 2019? - April 3, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 4: Nyanda - March 27, 2019
- Veteran Broadcaster Dorraine Samuels Dies At 59 - March 26, 2019