State Of Emergency Given Softer Title – Now “Enhanced Security Measures”
The State of Public Emergency in St. James, is to now be referred to as Enhanced Security Measures.
Security Minister Robert Montague is of the view that the title “State of Emergency” can have a negative impact on the island’s tourism industry.
He made the announcement while speaking in Montego Bay, St. James on Sunday.
Mr. Montague also said crime is a social problem, and reiterated the need for young people to be educated, to ultimately help them avoid being involved in crime and violence.
Additionally, Mr. Montague said the absence of certain social norms has adversely affected the upbringing of young people.
Mr. Montague also said the justice system is overburdened, as evidenced by the fact that it is not producing results as quickly as it ought to.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Wonderful Home FOR SALE At Unbelievable Price In Highgate! - December 10, 2018
- US-Born Citizen Nearly Deported To Jamaica - December 7, 2018
- First Solo Art Exhibition For Maia Chung At Reggae Mill - December 4, 2018
- Dalton Harris Wins The X Factor - December 2, 2018
- Reggae Music Added To Global Cultural Heritage List - December 1, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Advances To X Factor Finals - November 26, 2018
- NRSC Commends Government On Passing Of Road Traffic Act 2018 - November 23, 2018
- Jamaica Defeats USA To Qualify For Rugby League World Cup - November 21, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Delivers Incredible Rendition Of Beyonce’s ‘Listen’ On X Factor UK - November 18, 2018
- Stunning Furnished Home For RENT In Stonebrook Estate - November 12, 2018