State Of Emergency Given Softer Title – Now “Enhanced Security Measures”
The State of Public Emergency in St. James, is to now be referred to as Enhanced Security Measures.
Security Minister Robert Montague is of the view that the title “State of Emergency” can have a negative impact on the island’s tourism industry.
He made the announcement while speaking in Montego Bay, St. James on Sunday.
Mr. Montague also said crime is a social problem, and reiterated the need for young people to be educated, to ultimately help them avoid being involved in crime and violence.
Additionally, Mr. Montague said the absence of certain social norms has adversely affected the upbringing of young people.
Mr. Montague also said the justice system is overburdened, as evidenced by the fact that it is not producing results as quickly as it ought to.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Kai, 10 Launches Her Kits To Keep Kids Clean And Healthy - August 13, 2019
- Leon Bailey Scores In 26 Seconds For Bayer Leverkusen! - August 11, 2019
- Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Breaks Pan-Am 200m Record! - August 10, 2019
- Phoenix All Stars Football Academy Creates History In Belgium! - August 8, 2019
- U23 Reggae Boyz Defeat Peru - August 7, 2019
- Bailey On Target For Bayer In Pre-Season Friendly - July 31, 2019
- Artwork By Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung Chosen For Honour And Publication In Japan - July 19, 2019
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Becomes NACAC 100m Champion - July 9, 2019
- Ruffi Scores Big With Hot New Single Holiday (VIDEO) - June 29, 2019
- Reggae Girlz Take On Scotland Today! - May 28, 2019