PM Thanks US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson Following His Visit To Jamaica
Prime Minister Andrew Holness recently hosted US Secretary of State Tillerson and his delegation on a brief but historic Working Visit to Jamaica.
Tillerson and the prime minister engaged in critical discussions on issues of mutual interest to Jamaica and the United States, as well as the region, with a focus on promoting a peaceful, prosperous, energy secure, and democratic hemisphere.
The matters addressed included: strengthening security cooperation in order to more effectively combat transnational organised crime; boosting the U.S.-Jamaica economic partnership; exploring opportunities to broaden U.S.-CARICOM engagement; energy security, the economic vulnerability of Middle Income Countries, including climatic events; de-risking and correspondent banking issues; and the situation in Venezuela.
Following a a joint press conference, Prime Minister Holness thanked Tillerson for his visit via a press statement saying:
“Secretary Tillerson, I thank you for visiting Jamaica today as we work towards a shared vision of a peaceful, prosperous, energy secure, and democratic hemisphere.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018
- CSEC Results Show Significant Improvement Over Last Year - August 13, 2018
- Jamaican Dollar Flies Past $136 Against US - August 10, 2018
- Asphalt Supplies Now Available – Petrojam - August 9, 2018
- Alia Atkinson To Receive Order Of Distinction - August 7, 2018
- Police Recover Stolen Goats in Clarendon - August 6, 2018
- Foreign Exchange: J$135.46 To One US Dollar - August 4, 2018
- Ruffi Drops Music Video For His Hit Single ‘Survive’ - August 1, 2018
- Power Star Applies For Jamaican Citizenship - July 31, 2018
- Yendi Phillipps Gets Baptised - July 30, 2018