Man In Custody In Connection To Murder Of Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple
The Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) recently revealed that a man has been taken into custody in relation to the murders of an elderly Jamaican-Canadian couple.
The bodies of Melbourne Flake, 81, and Etta Flake, 70, were found in their home in St. Thomas last month.
Via a statment, the JCF said:
“One man has been taken into Police custody in relation to the murder of Melbourne and Etta Flake in Retreat, St.Thomas on Jan.9.
Following preliminary investigations, the suspect was held in Seaforth district, St. Thomas on Wednesday, February 7. He is to be questioned in the presence of his attorney, however, his identity is being withheld pending further investigations.”
Debbie Olfert, a daughter of the couple told CBC News that the Flakes immigrated to Canada 53 years ago from Jamaica in search of work.
Melbourne plied his trade as a carpenter and Etta worked as a nurse.
Olfert also reportedly stated that her parents enjoyed spending time in their homeland and had just begun to enjoy their new home in the winters.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Girlz Train At Montego Bay Sports Complex Today - January 20, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites ‘Mad And Mean’ For Season 14 - January 16, 2019
- Here Is Why 2019 Will Be A Great Year For Tourism In Jamaica - January 15, 2019
- Reggae Boy Peter-Lee Vassell Drafted by Los Angeles FC - January 13, 2019
- Caribbean Food And Drink Festival “Taste The Islands Experience” Returns To Fort Lauderdale—Bigger And Better - January 10, 2019
- Buju Concert Scheduled For March 16th In Jamaica - January 6, 2019
- Ruffi Delivers Again With New Single ‘Pressure’ - January 2, 2019
- PM And Security Experts Meet To Plan Further Anti-Crime Strategies - January 1, 2019
- New Short Film Shines Light On Bob Marley’s Love For Football - December 30, 2018
- Leon Bailey To Be Instructed By New Coach At Bayer Leverkusen - December 26, 2018