Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica!
Energy Minister Dr. Andrew Wheatley recently revealed that two oil seeps have been discovered on Jamaica’s north coast.
He made the disclosure while speaking at the Petroleum Corporation of Jamaica on Thursday morning.
An oil or petroleum seep is a place where natural liquid or gaseous hydrocarbons escape to the earth’s atmosphere and surface, normally under low pressure or flow.
Dr Wheatley revelaed that the seeps are inland and should not pose a threat to tourism on the north coast.
He is quoted by RJR as saying:
“We will approach that with cautious optimism because if we should actually find that gold (oil), you will see quite a bit of economic activities and I must say that we are on par and good pace right now as it relates to our economic development and growth target, but that will act as even more of a catalyst to ensure that we achieve real growth.”
A detailed geographical report regarding the discoveries is reportedly to be prepared for the Government.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Captivating Colombia Takes ‘Mad And Mean’ International Night Finals - May 23, 2019
- Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Pull Off Comfortable 3-1 Win Over Panama - May 20, 2019
- James Bond Star Suffers Injury While Filming In Jamaica - May 15, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Gear Up For ‘Mad and Mean’ Finals - May 10, 2019
- Gayle Returns Home To The Jamaica Tallawahs - May 6, 2019
- Less People Getting Married In Jamaica - April 22, 2019
- Minor Quake Rattles Sections Of Jamaica - April 15, 2019
- Who Will Win The Jamaican Premier Football League 2019? - April 3, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 4: Nyanda - March 27, 2019
- Veteran Broadcaster Dorraine Samuels Dies At 59 - March 26, 2019