Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica!
Energy Minister Dr. Andrew Wheatley recently revealed that two oil seeps have been discovered on Jamaica’s north coast.
He made the disclosure while speaking at the Petroleum Corporation of Jamaica on Thursday morning.
An oil or petroleum seep is a place where natural liquid or gaseous hydrocarbons escape to the earth’s atmosphere and surface, normally under low pressure or flow.
Dr Wheatley revelaed that the seeps are inland and should not pose a threat to tourism on the north coast.
He is quoted by RJR as saying:
“We will approach that with cautious optimism because if we should actually find that gold (oil), you will see quite a bit of economic activities and I must say that we are on par and good pace right now as it relates to our economic development and growth target, but that will act as even more of a catalyst to ensure that we achieve real growth.”
A detailed geographical report regarding the discoveries is reportedly to be prepared for the Government.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Usain Bolt Scores Superb Header In Borussia Dortmund Kit! - March 21, 2018
- Former England Youth Star Appears Eager To Join Reggae Boyz - March 21, 2018
- Getting De-Inked: Why Jamaicans Are Rethinking Their Tattoos - March 20, 2018
- Jay Z, Beyonce Visit Jamaica - March 20, 2018
- State Of Public Emergency Declared In St. Catherine North Police Division - March 19, 2018
- Plans In Place To Make Port Royal Jamaica’s Next Big Cruise Destination - March 18, 2018
- Jamaican Among Six Killed In Bridge Collapse At Florida University - March 17, 2018
- Police Seize Over 1000 Rounds Of Assorted Ammunition In Cemetery – JCF - March 16, 2018
- Lisa Hanna – “Trump’s Tariffs Could Hurt Jamaica Badly!” - March 15, 2018
- 20 Million Streams On Spotify For Devin Di Dakta - March 15, 2018