Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica!
Energy Minister Dr. Andrew Wheatley recently revealed that two oil seeps have been discovered on Jamaica’s north coast.
He made the disclosure while speaking at the Petroleum Corporation of Jamaica on Thursday morning.
An oil or petroleum seep is a place where natural liquid or gaseous hydrocarbons escape to the earth’s atmosphere and surface, normally under low pressure or flow.
Dr Wheatley revelaed that the seeps are inland and should not pose a threat to tourism on the north coast.
He is quoted by RJR as saying:
“We will approach that with cautious optimism because if we should actually find that gold (oil), you will see quite a bit of economic activities and I must say that we are on par and good pace right now as it relates to our economic development and growth target, but that will act as even more of a catalyst to ensure that we achieve real growth.”
A detailed geographical report regarding the discoveries is reportedly to be prepared for the Government.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018
- Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford - June 12, 2018
- Wayne Marshall Announces Death Of His Father In Touching Social Media Post - June 11, 2018
- Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix - June 10, 2018
- Prime Minister Makes Historic Appearance At G7 Summit! - June 9, 2018
- Shelly-Ann Fraser Pryce Is Back On Track At The JN Racers Grand Prix Live On 1spotmedia Pay- Per- View - June 8, 2018