Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica!
Energy Minister Dr. Andrew Wheatley recently revealed that two oil seeps have been discovered on Jamaica’s north coast.
He made the disclosure while speaking at the Petroleum Corporation of Jamaica on Thursday morning.
An oil or petroleum seep is a place where natural liquid or gaseous hydrocarbons escape to the earth’s atmosphere and surface, normally under low pressure or flow.
Dr Wheatley revelaed that the seeps are inland and should not pose a threat to tourism on the north coast.
He is quoted by RJR as saying:
“We will approach that with cautious optimism because if we should actually find that gold (oil), you will see quite a bit of economic activities and I must say that we are on par and good pace right now as it relates to our economic development and growth target, but that will act as even more of a catalyst to ensure that we achieve real growth.”
A detailed geographical report regarding the discoveries is reportedly to be prepared for the Government.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Historic! Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Qualify For The 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup - October 18, 2018
- Reggae Boy Luton Shelton Afflicted With ALS Disease - October 13, 2018
- Alia Atkinson Scares World Record - October 6, 2018
- Jamaica, Russia Sign Reciprocal Visa Waiver Agreement - October 2, 2018
- Buju’s Post Prison Tour In The Works - September 26, 2018
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018