Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica!
Energy Minister Dr. Andrew Wheatley recently revealed that two oil seeps have been discovered on Jamaica’s north coast.
He made the disclosure while speaking at the Petroleum Corporation of Jamaica on Thursday morning.
An oil or petroleum seep is a place where natural liquid or gaseous hydrocarbons escape to the earth’s atmosphere and surface, normally under low pressure or flow.
Dr Wheatley revelaed that the seeps are inland and should not pose a threat to tourism on the north coast.
He is quoted by RJR as saying:
“We will approach that with cautious optimism because if we should actually find that gold (oil), you will see quite a bit of economic activities and I must say that we are on par and good pace right now as it relates to our economic development and growth target, but that will act as even more of a catalyst to ensure that we achieve real growth.”
A detailed geographical report regarding the discoveries is reportedly to be prepared for the Government.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018
- CSEC Results Show Significant Improvement Over Last Year - August 13, 2018
- Jamaican Dollar Flies Past $136 Against US - August 10, 2018
- Asphalt Supplies Now Available – Petrojam - August 9, 2018
- Alia Atkinson To Receive Order Of Distinction - August 7, 2018
- Police Recover Stolen Goats in Clarendon - August 6, 2018
- Foreign Exchange: J$135.46 To One US Dollar - August 4, 2018
- Ruffi Drops Music Video For His Hit Single ‘Survive’ - August 1, 2018
- Power Star Applies For Jamaican Citizenship - July 31, 2018
- Yendi Phillipps Gets Baptised - July 30, 2018