Leon Bailey Steals Ball Off Defender, Evades Goalkeeper To Score
On Saturday Jamaica’s Leon Bailey provided the opening goal for his club Bayer Leverkusen to help the team register a 2-1 win over Hamburg in the German Bundesliga.
Leverkusen was in control of the game for most of the first half but failed to find the back of the net until five minutes before the break.
Bailey put himself in the right place at the right time to steal the ball off left back Douglas Santos before skillfully evading Hamburg’s goalkeeper to score.
Leverkusen got their second goal just five minutes into the second half courtesy of midfielder Kai Havertz. And the Jamaican was again involved in setting up the second goal. Bailey commenced the attack with a pass for Henrichs, whose cross was met by Havertz to score his second goal of the season.
Bailey has nine goals and seven assists this term.
The 20-year-old has not yet pledged to play for Jamaica but rumours have been circulating in recent days that he is on the radar for England who might be seeking to utilise him in their World Cup campaign later this year.
He qualifies to represent England by virtue of having two grandparents who possess English passports.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Usain Bolt Scores Superb Header In Borussia Dortmund Kit! - March 21, 2018
- Former England Youth Star Appears Eager To Join Reggae Boyz - March 21, 2018
- Getting De-Inked: Why Jamaicans Are Rethinking Their Tattoos - March 20, 2018
- Jay Z, Beyonce Visit Jamaica - March 20, 2018
- State Of Public Emergency Declared In St. Catherine North Police Division - March 19, 2018
- Plans In Place To Make Port Royal Jamaica’s Next Big Cruise Destination - March 18, 2018
- Jamaican Among Six Killed In Bridge Collapse At Florida University - March 17, 2018
- Police Seize Over 1000 Rounds Of Assorted Ammunition In Cemetery – JCF - March 16, 2018
- Lisa Hanna – “Trump’s Tariffs Could Hurt Jamaica Badly!” - March 15, 2018
- 20 Million Streams On Spotify For Devin Di Dakta - March 15, 2018