Leon Bailey Named In Provisional Reggae Boyz Squad For 2020 Olympic Qualifiers
Leon Bailey – the attacking winger who plies his trade at Bayer Leverkusen is among four overseas based players named in a 50 man Reggae Boyz under 23 squad for the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo.
His inclusion was announced on Friday as the Jamaica Olympic Association unveiled an eight million dollar sponsorship package for the first year to assist with the squad’s preparation.
The provisional squad is comprised primarily of players from Manning and DaCosta Cup teams, the Red Stripe Premier League clubs, and the U18 Elite League.
Three other overseas based players have been included in the squad – namely Kyle Butler, Neville Morgan of Lindsay Wilson University, and Fitzroy Cummings of Iowa Western Community College.
The sponsorship will reportedly be used to cover costs associated with training camps and practice games including nutritional support, transportation, gears and match related costs.
CONCACAF qualifications to the 2020 Olympic Games will commence in 2019.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Usain Bolt Scores Superb Header In Borussia Dortmund Kit! - March 21, 2018
- Former England Youth Star Appears Eager To Join Reggae Boyz - March 21, 2018
- Getting De-Inked: Why Jamaicans Are Rethinking Their Tattoos - March 20, 2018
- Jay Z, Beyonce Visit Jamaica - March 20, 2018
- State Of Public Emergency Declared In St. Catherine North Police Division - March 19, 2018
- Plans In Place To Make Port Royal Jamaica’s Next Big Cruise Destination - March 18, 2018
- Jamaican Among Six Killed In Bridge Collapse At Florida University - March 17, 2018
- Police Seize Over 1000 Rounds Of Assorted Ammunition In Cemetery – JCF - March 16, 2018
- Lisa Hanna – “Trump’s Tariffs Could Hurt Jamaica Badly!” - March 15, 2018
- 20 Million Streams On Spotify For Devin Di Dakta - March 15, 2018