Leon Bailey Named In Provisional Reggae Boyz Squad For 2020 Olympic Qualifiers
Leon Bailey – the attacking winger who plies his trade at Bayer Leverkusen is among four overseas based players named in a 50 man Reggae Boyz under 23 squad for the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo.
His inclusion was announced on Friday as the Jamaica Olympic Association unveiled an eight million dollar sponsorship package for the first year to assist with the squad’s preparation.
The provisional squad is comprised primarily of players from Manning and DaCosta Cup teams, the Red Stripe Premier League clubs, and the U18 Elite League.
Three other overseas based players have been included in the squad – namely Kyle Butler, Neville Morgan of Lindsay Wilson University, and Fitzroy Cummings of Iowa Western Community College.
The sponsorship will reportedly be used to cover costs associated with training camps and practice games including nutritional support, transportation, gears and match related costs.
CONCACAF qualifications to the 2020 Olympic Games will commence in 2019.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018
- CSEC Results Show Significant Improvement Over Last Year - August 13, 2018
- Jamaican Dollar Flies Past $136 Against US - August 10, 2018
- Asphalt Supplies Now Available – Petrojam - August 9, 2018
- Alia Atkinson To Receive Order Of Distinction - August 7, 2018
- Police Recover Stolen Goats in Clarendon - August 6, 2018
- Foreign Exchange: J$135.46 To One US Dollar - August 4, 2018
- Ruffi Drops Music Video For His Hit Single ‘Survive’ - August 1, 2018
- Power Star Applies For Jamaican Citizenship - July 31, 2018
- Yendi Phillipps Gets Baptised - July 30, 2018