Three Children Perish In Fire In St Andrew
On Saturday morning (Jan 27) three children perished in a fire in St Andrew.
The tragic fire on Booby Drive off Woodpecker Avenue in the parish reportedly claimed the lives of one year old twins Jivaughne and Juvaugne Bennett and two-year-old Krisante Maxwell.
Acting Assistant Commissioner of the Jamaica Fire Brigade, Emelio Ebanks is quoted by RJR as saying:
“We received the call at 12:53 this morning and when we arrived on location, the house was engulfed. We were told that the two year old could have been inside the house. We started a rescue operation but unfortunately that did not end as we would have liked. After cooling down operations we found the remains of a third body inside the house.”
The cause of the fire has not yet been determined.
Approximately two weeks ago, a children’s home located at 17 Lyndhurst Avenue in Kingston was ravaged by a massive fire that claimed the lives of a 13 and 16 year-old.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018
- CSEC Results Show Significant Improvement Over Last Year - August 13, 2018
- Jamaican Dollar Flies Past $136 Against US - August 10, 2018
- Asphalt Supplies Now Available – Petrojam - August 9, 2018
- Alia Atkinson To Receive Order Of Distinction - August 7, 2018
- Police Recover Stolen Goats in Clarendon - August 6, 2018
- Foreign Exchange: J$135.46 To One US Dollar - August 4, 2018
- Ruffi Drops Music Video For His Hit Single ‘Survive’ - August 1, 2018
- Power Star Applies For Jamaican Citizenship - July 31, 2018
- Yendi Phillipps Gets Baptised - July 30, 2018