Three Children Perish In Fire In St Andrew
On Saturday morning (Jan 27) three children perished in a fire in St Andrew.
The tragic fire on Booby Drive off Woodpecker Avenue in the parish reportedly claimed the lives of one year old twins Jivaughne and Juvaugne Bennett and two-year-old Krisante Maxwell.
Acting Assistant Commissioner of the Jamaica Fire Brigade, Emelio Ebanks is quoted by RJR as saying:
“We received the call at 12:53 this morning and when we arrived on location, the house was engulfed. We were told that the two year old could have been inside the house. We started a rescue operation but unfortunately that did not end as we would have liked. After cooling down operations we found the remains of a third body inside the house.”
The cause of the fire has not yet been determined.
Approximately two weeks ago, a children’s home located at 17 Lyndhurst Avenue in Kingston was ravaged by a massive fire that claimed the lives of a 13 and 16 year-old.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Visual Artist Maia Chung Invited By Major Italian Gallery For Consideration For Important Art Residency In Italy 2019 - September 18, 2019
- Players Struck By Lightning At Manning Cup Match - September 17, 2019
- Investment Property For Sale In St Ann - September 16, 2019
- Nicholson On Fire In Belgium! - September 14, 2019
- Boyz Hammer Guyana 4-0 - September 10, 2019
- Dr. Peter Phillips Retains PNP Presidency - September 8, 2019
- Striker Khadija Shaw Slams JFF Over Unpaid Wages - September 4, 2019
- Clarendon Farmers Diversifying Crop Production To Be More Climate Resilient - August 21, 2019
- Bailey On Target In Season Opener - August 19, 2019
- Kai, 10 Launches Her Kits To Keep Kids Clean And Healthy - August 13, 2019