Three Children Perish In Fire In St Andrew
On Saturday morning (Jan 27) three children perished in a fire in St Andrew.
The tragic fire on Booby Drive off Woodpecker Avenue in the parish reportedly claimed the lives of one year old twins Jivaughne and Juvaugne Bennett and two-year-old Krisante Maxwell.
Acting Assistant Commissioner of the Jamaica Fire Brigade, Emelio Ebanks is quoted by RJR as saying:
“We received the call at 12:53 this morning and when we arrived on location, the house was engulfed. We were told that the two year old could have been inside the house. We started a rescue operation but unfortunately that did not end as we would have liked. After cooling down operations we found the remains of a third body inside the house.”
The cause of the fire has not yet been determined.
Approximately two weeks ago, a children’s home located at 17 Lyndhurst Avenue in Kingston was ravaged by a massive fire that claimed the lives of a 13 and 16 year-old.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019
- Ruffi Drops Hot New Single “Pressure” - January 28, 2019
- Home With Breathtaking Sea View For Sale In Oracabessa - January 26, 2019
- Reggae Girlz Train At Montego Bay Sports Complex Today - January 20, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites ‘Mad And Mean’ For Season 14 - January 16, 2019
- Here Is Why 2019 Will Be A Great Year For Tourism In Jamaica - January 15, 2019