Three Children Perish In Fire In St Andrew
On Saturday morning (Jan 27) three children perished in a fire in St Andrew.
The tragic fire on Booby Drive off Woodpecker Avenue in the parish reportedly claimed the lives of one year old twins Jivaughne and Juvaugne Bennett and two-year-old Krisante Maxwell.
Acting Assistant Commissioner of the Jamaica Fire Brigade, Emelio Ebanks is quoted by RJR as saying:
“We received the call at 12:53 this morning and when we arrived on location, the house was engulfed. We were told that the two year old could have been inside the house. We started a rescue operation but unfortunately that did not end as we would have liked. After cooling down operations we found the remains of a third body inside the house.”
The cause of the fire has not yet been determined.
Approximately two weeks ago, a children’s home located at 17 Lyndhurst Avenue in Kingston was ravaged by a massive fire that claimed the lives of a 13 and 16 year-old.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Delivers Incredible Rendition Of Beyonce’s ‘Listen’ On X Factor UK - November 18, 2018
- Stunning Home For Sale In Stonebrook Estate - November 12, 2018
- Jamaican Author Dwight Thompson Delivers Hard-Hitting Coming-Of-Age Tale With Debut Novel - November 11, 2018
- Fly Jamaica Plane Crash Lands In Guyana - November 9, 2018
- Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung Has First Solo Exhibition - November 9, 2018
- Two Reggae Girlz Named In CONCACAF Best Eleven - November 6, 2018
- The Ball Is In Bolt’s Court - October 30, 2018
- Ruffi Delivers At South Florida Event - October 27, 2018
- Historic! Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Qualify For The 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup - October 18, 2018
- Reggae Boy Luton Shelton Afflicted With ALS Disease - October 13, 2018