Three Children Perish In Fire In St Andrew
On Saturday morning (Jan 27) three children perished in a fire in St Andrew.
The tragic fire on Booby Drive off Woodpecker Avenue in the parish reportedly claimed the lives of one year old twins Jivaughne and Juvaugne Bennett and two-year-old Krisante Maxwell.
Acting Assistant Commissioner of the Jamaica Fire Brigade, Emelio Ebanks is quoted by RJR as saying:
“We received the call at 12:53 this morning and when we arrived on location, the house was engulfed. We were told that the two year old could have been inside the house. We started a rescue operation but unfortunately that did not end as we would have liked. After cooling down operations we found the remains of a third body inside the house.”
The cause of the fire has not yet been determined.
Approximately two weeks ago, a children’s home located at 17 Lyndhurst Avenue in Kingston was ravaged by a massive fire that claimed the lives of a 13 and 16 year-old.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaica Represented In IDB Development Work - May 26, 2018
- Reggae Boyz Fall Out Of Top 50 In Latest FIFA Rankings - May 26, 2018
- Sean Paul Announces Death Of His Father - May 25, 2018
- Ananda Alert Issued For Missing St Ann Teen - May 24, 2018
- Street Team Win ‘Clash 13’ Of Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Competition - May 23, 2018
- Ignite IGL Foundation Brings Cheer To Riverton Meadows Early Childhood Centre - May 22, 2018
- Gasoline Retailers Express Concern As Fuel Prices Rise - May 22, 2018
- Security Forces Seize Masks, Firearms In Westmoreland - May 21, 2018
- Gov’t Considers Increasing Ethanol Percentage In Petrol - May 20, 2018
- Bayern Munich Reportedly Make €60 Million Offer For Jamaican Winger Leon Bailey - May 19, 2018