State Of Emergency In St James Extended
The State of Emergency for the parish of St James has been extended until until May 2 of this year.
Prime Minister, Andrew Holness brought the Emergency Powers Continuation Resolution to the House of Representatives yesterday (Jan 30), to enable the extension.
Of the 62 members, 51 voted in favour of the resolution put forward by Mr. Holness.
A State of Emergency can continue up to 3 months, after its declaration.
The State of Emergency in St James was declared on January 18.
While speaking in parliament, Mr Holness said we must take back control of the country, and the State of Emergency in St James will help in doing so.
The prime minister also commended the security forces, stating that they are carrying out their duties well, despite having limited resources.
Parliament has voted on the extension of the State of Public Emergency in St. James. Of the 62 members, 51 have voted in favour of an extension with 11 members absent.
Posted by Andrew Holness on Tuesday, January 30, 2018
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Delivers Incredible Rendition Of Beyonce’s ‘Listen’ On X Factor UK - November 18, 2018
- Stunning Home For Sale In Stonebrook Estate - November 12, 2018
- Jamaican Author Dwight Thompson Delivers Hard-Hitting Coming-Of-Age Tale With Debut Novel - November 11, 2018
- Fly Jamaica Plane Crash Lands In Guyana - November 9, 2018
- Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung Has First Solo Exhibition - November 9, 2018
- Two Reggae Girlz Named In CONCACAF Best Eleven - November 6, 2018
- The Ball Is In Bolt’s Court - October 30, 2018
- Ruffi Delivers At South Florida Event - October 27, 2018
- Historic! Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Qualify For The 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup - October 18, 2018
- Reggae Boy Luton Shelton Afflicted With ALS Disease - October 13, 2018