State Of Emergency In St James Extended
The State of Emergency for the parish of St James has been extended until until May 2 of this year.
Prime Minister, Andrew Holness brought the Emergency Powers Continuation Resolution to the House of Representatives yesterday (Jan 30), to enable the extension.
Of the 62 members, 51 voted in favour of the resolution put forward by Mr. Holness.
A State of Emergency can continue up to 3 months, after its declaration.
The State of Emergency in St James was declared on January 18.
While speaking in parliament, Mr Holness said we must take back control of the country, and the State of Emergency in St James will help in doing so.
The prime minister also commended the security forces, stating that they are carrying out their duties well, despite having limited resources.
Parliament has voted on the extension of the State of Public Emergency in St. James. Of the 62 members, 51 have voted in favour of an extension with 11 members absent.
Posted by Andrew Holness on Tuesday, January 30, 2018
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019
- Ruffi Drops Hot New Single “Pressure” - January 28, 2019
- Home With Breathtaking Sea View For Sale In Oracabessa - January 26, 2019
- Reggae Girlz Train At Montego Bay Sports Complex Today - January 20, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites ‘Mad And Mean’ For Season 14 - January 16, 2019
- Here Is Why 2019 Will Be A Great Year For Tourism In Jamaica - January 15, 2019