State Of Emergency In St James Extended
The State of Emergency for the parish of St James has been extended until until May 2 of this year.
Prime Minister, Andrew Holness brought the Emergency Powers Continuation Resolution to the House of Representatives yesterday (Jan 30), to enable the extension.
Of the 62 members, 51 voted in favour of the resolution put forward by Mr. Holness.
A State of Emergency can continue up to 3 months, after its declaration.
The State of Emergency in St James was declared on January 18.
While speaking in parliament, Mr Holness said we must take back control of the country, and the State of Emergency in St James will help in doing so.
The prime minister also commended the security forces, stating that they are carrying out their duties well, despite having limited resources.
Parliament has voted on the extension of the State of Public Emergency in St. James. Of the 62 members, 51 have voted in favour of an extension with 11 members absent.
Posted by Andrew Holness on Tuesday, January 30, 2018
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Toddler Goes Missing In Westmoreland - February 25, 2018
- Leon Bailey Named In Provisional Reggae Boyz Squad For 2020 Olympic Qualifiers - February 24, 2018
- Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica! - February 23, 2018
- Two Charged For Murder Of Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple - February 22, 2018
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Visit Jamaica For His Dad’s Wedding - February 21, 2018
- Fire Destroys Historic Methodist Church In St Ann - February 21, 2018
- Jamaican Man Labelled A Hero After Saving Young Girl From Vicious Pit Bull In Florida - February 20, 2018
- Jamaica’s Female Bobsleighers Complete Impressive Run At Winter Olympics - February 20, 2018
- Leon Bailey Steals Ball Off Defender, Evades Goalkeeper To Score - February 19, 2018
- Jimmy Cliff’s Daughter In Marvel’s Black Panther Movie - February 18, 2018