Soldiers Roaming the Streets
Mo-Bay will be Mo-Bay long after the streets are cleared of guns and ammunition but is there a system put in place to keep it clean?
A state of emergency should only be the breathing space needed to mop up the filth and to deploy a permanent sanitation team. If that is not done it’s a waste of time.
Who will maintain the calm
When they are all gone?
Back to their barracks
With their fear and respect.
Wonderful to see them release
Men in army fatigues,
Roaming the streets at nights
Glow in old Montego-Bay lights
It feels like a traitorous mission,
With all the gun men missing
And looks like a disaster zone
For the streets are theirs alone.
State of emergency exposes
The ineptness the constabulary force imposes
Is the bankruptcy of the political leaders
In a vacuum of law and order.
Lawlessness and tyranny strives,
In a wanton waste of innocent lives
But the victims are always the same
Are those who vote to put them there?
Keep them busy to keep the peace
For dispute the stat, killing does not cease
But for how long will this break last?
Will they be here when forever pasts?
Can the police maintain the calm?
When they are all gone
With their fear and respect
As the politicians decide the effect.
Our citizens are more at ease,
Guidance to each of these
Love my Montego-Bay, no matter what,
Just clean up the mess and keep it at that.
Now they need an upgraded jail
For the gun toting men that prevail
Who doesn’t understand life:
Thou shall not kill thy brethren
The golden rule from heaven.
By Franklin Douglas
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Top 5 Celebrity Poker Players - November 15, 2018
- Prime Land For Sale In Plantation Village St Ann - November 7, 2018
- A-League Is Ready For The Bolt - October 8, 2018
- A Discussion On Jamaican Football - September 23, 2018
- Microsoft MCSA Dynamics 365 – Passing The MB2-716 Exam - August 28, 2018
- Do Something For Our Currency Mr Prime Minister - August 15, 2018
- An Awakening: JLP And PNP Taking Small But Necessary Actions To Defeat The Jamaican Crime Monster - July 27, 2018
- Will Andrew Holness End The Demeaning, Entrenched Garrisons In Modern Day, Independent Jamaica? - July 23, 2018
- ILL ADVISED POLITICAL CONSULTANTS: Saboteurs of Jamaica’s Development? - July 10, 2018
- Lives Ruined By Empty Promises From Rich, Callous, Greedy Politicians - July 5, 2018