Major Military Operation In St James
There is currently a major military operation underway in St. James.
The parish is reported to be in a limited state of emergency that has been imposed by the Government.
Soldiers can reportedly be seen stopping and searching motor vehicles at several points in the parish where 335 homicides were recorded last year.
The heightened security measures come after two brazen attacks by gunmen close to the Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay yesterday. One person was killed and two others wounded in the attacks.
Both attacks occurred within a time span of less than two hours.
Prime Minister Andrew Holness yesterday stated that the Government intended to take firm and resolute measures to tackle the country’s crime problem.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019
- Ruffi Drops Hot New Single “Pressure” - January 28, 2019
- Home With Breathtaking Sea View For Sale In Oracabessa - January 26, 2019
- Reggae Girlz Train At Montego Bay Sports Complex Today - January 20, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites ‘Mad And Mean’ For Season 14 - January 16, 2019
- Here Is Why 2019 Will Be A Great Year For Tourism In Jamaica - January 15, 2019