Former West Indies Youth Cricketer Of The Year Xavier Marshall To Represent The USA
Former Jamaica and West Indies batsman Xavier Marshall has been named in a 14-man squad to represent the United States in the 2018 Regional Super50.
The competition, previously known as the KFC Cup gets underway on January 31 in Antigua and Barbados.
Marshall’s last stint in regional competition was in 2003 when he represented Jamaica.
He was named the West Indian Youth Cricketer of the Year in June 2005.
In the upcoming Super50 competition, he will face the Jamaica Scorpions as both teams will contest Group B alongside Leeward Islands Hurricanes, Guyana Jaguars and English county side Kent.
The USA will take on the Jaguars in their first game on February 2 at the Sir Viv Richards Stadium in Antigua.
Marshall represented the West Indies at the 2006 U-19 Cricket World Cup in Sri Lanka. His performance helped the West Indies progress to the semi-finals of the competition.
He scored 106 from 133 balls as the West Indies beat South Africa by 34 runs. He played 11 youth One Day Internationals (ODI), scoring 554 runs at an average of 50.36, with a best score of 106.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]om
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 3: Anthony B - March 22, 2019
- Jamaican Players In the MLS - March 18, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 2: Julian Marley - March 12, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 1: Wayne Wonder - March 5, 2019
- Doctors Still Not Able To Diagnose Kemoy Campbell’s Condition - February 25, 2019
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019