Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple Found Dead In Their Vacation Home In St Thomas
The bodies of an elderly couple were discovered in their house in St Thomas earlier this week.
They have been identified as 81 year old Melbourne Flake and 70-year-old Etta Flake.
The couple resided in Winnipeg, Manitoba – Canada but were both Canadian and Jamaican citizens.
The couple reportedly had five children and 14 grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Debbie Olfert, a daughter of the couple told CBC News that the Flakes immigrated to Canada 53 years ago from Jamaica in search of work.
Melbourne plied his trade as a carpenter and Etta worked as a nurse.
Olfert also reportedly stated that her parents enjoyed spending time in their homeland and had just begun to enjoy their new home in the winters.
According to Loop News, the couple were reportedly found inside their house – in separate rooms – with their mouths gagged, hands and feet bound, and their heads apparently bashed in.
Police continue to investigate but no arrests have yet been made.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Bolt To Train With Australian A-League Side Central Coast Mariners - July 17, 2018
- Accident Claims Life Of UWI Student In St Mary - July 16, 2018
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Secures Rare Sprint Double At World U20 Championships - July 14, 2018
- Petrol Prices Surge Locally - July 12, 2018
- Protoje Tops Billboard Reggae Chart - July 11, 2018
- Kartel Possibly One Step Closer To Freedom - July 9, 2018
- Elderly Man Suspected Of Committing Suicide In Kingston - July 8, 2018
- Kartel’s Appeal Trial To Commence Next Week - July 6, 2018
- Jamaican-American Actress Sheryl Lee Ralph Inducted Into ICS Wall Of Fame - July 4, 2018
- Zero Murders In St Ann Last Month - July 3, 2018