Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple Found Dead In Their Vacation Home In St Thomas
The bodies of an elderly couple were discovered in their house in St Thomas earlier this week.
They have been identified as 81 year old Melbourne Flake and 70-year-old Etta Flake.
The couple resided in Winnipeg, Manitoba – Canada but were both Canadian and Jamaican citizens.
The couple reportedly had five children and 14 grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Debbie Olfert, a daughter of the couple told CBC News that the Flakes immigrated to Canada 53 years ago from Jamaica in search of work.
Melbourne plied his trade as a carpenter and Etta worked as a nurse.
Olfert also reportedly stated that her parents enjoyed spending time in their homeland and had just begun to enjoy their new home in the winters.
According to Loop News, the couple were reportedly found inside their house – in separate rooms – with their mouths gagged, hands and feet bound, and their heads apparently bashed in.
Police continue to investigate but no arrests have yet been made.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Girlz Train At Montego Bay Sports Complex Today - January 20, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites ‘Mad And Mean’ For Season 14 - January 16, 2019
- Here Is Why 2019 Will Be A Great Year For Tourism In Jamaica - January 15, 2019
- Reggae Boy Peter-Lee Vassell Drafted by Los Angeles FC - January 13, 2019
- Caribbean Food And Drink Festival “Taste The Islands Experience” Returns To Fort Lauderdale—Bigger And Better - January 10, 2019
- Buju Concert Scheduled For March 16th In Jamaica - January 6, 2019
- Ruffi Delivers Again With New Single ‘Pressure’ - January 2, 2019
- PM And Security Experts Meet To Plan Further Anti-Crime Strategies - January 1, 2019
- New Short Film Shines Light On Bob Marley’s Love For Football - December 30, 2018
- Leon Bailey To Be Instructed By New Coach At Bayer Leverkusen - December 26, 2018