Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple Found Dead In Their Vacation Home In St Thomas
The bodies of an elderly couple were discovered in their house in St Thomas earlier this week.
They have been identified as 81 year old Melbourne Flake and 70-year-old Etta Flake.
The couple resided in Winnipeg, Manitoba – Canada but were both Canadian and Jamaican citizens.
The couple reportedly had five children and 14 grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Debbie Olfert, a daughter of the couple told CBC News that the Flakes immigrated to Canada 53 years ago from Jamaica in search of work.
Melbourne plied his trade as a carpenter and Etta worked as a nurse.
Olfert also reportedly stated that her parents enjoyed spending time in their homeland and had just begun to enjoy their new home in the winters.
According to Loop News, the couple were reportedly found inside their house – in separate rooms – with their mouths gagged, hands and feet bound, and their heads apparently bashed in.
Police continue to investigate but no arrests have yet been made.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Elderly Couple Killed In Gruesome Fashion In Portland - June 23, 2018
- Bolt Gets Shooting Advice From Arsenal Legend Robert Pirès - June 22, 2018
- Jamaican Film”Sprinter” Wins Big At American Black Film Festival - June 21, 2018
- Curfew For Sections of Annotto Bay, St Mary – JCF - June 20, 2018
- Rising US Rapper With Jamaican Roots Killed In Florida - June 19, 2018
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018