Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple Found Dead In Their Vacation Home In St Thomas
The bodies of an elderly couple were discovered in their house in St Thomas earlier this week.
They have been identified as 81 year old Melbourne Flake and 70-year-old Etta Flake.
The couple resided in Winnipeg, Manitoba – Canada but were both Canadian and Jamaican citizens.
The couple reportedly had five children and 14 grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Debbie Olfert, a daughter of the couple told CBC News that the Flakes immigrated to Canada 53 years ago from Jamaica in search of work.
Melbourne plied his trade as a carpenter and Etta worked as a nurse.
Olfert also reportedly stated that her parents enjoyed spending time in their homeland and had just begun to enjoy their new home in the winters.
According to Loop News, the couple were reportedly found inside their house – in separate rooms – with their mouths gagged, hands and feet bound, and their heads apparently bashed in.
Police continue to investigate but no arrests have yet been made.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018
- CSEC Results Show Significant Improvement Over Last Year - August 13, 2018
- Jamaican Dollar Flies Past $136 Against US - August 10, 2018
- Asphalt Supplies Now Available – Petrojam - August 9, 2018
- Alia Atkinson To Receive Order Of Distinction - August 7, 2018
- Police Recover Stolen Goats in Clarendon - August 6, 2018
- Foreign Exchange: J$135.46 To One US Dollar - August 4, 2018
- Ruffi Drops Music Video For His Hit Single ‘Survive’ - August 1, 2018
- Power Star Applies For Jamaican Citizenship - July 31, 2018
- Yendi Phillipps Gets Baptised - July 30, 2018