Commissioner Quallo Reportedly Set To Step Down
Police Commissioner George Quallo is reportedly set to demit office within a matter of days.
Quallo was appointed as police commissioner in April 2017 and was scheduled to retire in August of this year.
Earlier this month he refuted claims that he intended to leave the job amid growing concerns over the country’s spiraling crime problem and fallout from a traffic gridlock on the Palisadoes road in Kingston.
The traffic jam which lasted for several hours resulted in flights being delayed at the at Norman Manley International Airport and reportedly caused some passengers to miss flights.
Deputy Commissioner Clifford Blake is expected to take over his duties following his departure.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018
- CSEC Results Show Significant Improvement Over Last Year - August 13, 2018
- Jamaican Dollar Flies Past $136 Against US - August 10, 2018
- Asphalt Supplies Now Available – Petrojam - August 9, 2018
- Alia Atkinson To Receive Order Of Distinction - August 7, 2018
- Police Recover Stolen Goats in Clarendon - August 6, 2018
- Foreign Exchange: J$135.46 To One US Dollar - August 4, 2018
- Ruffi Drops Music Video For His Hit Single ‘Survive’ - August 1, 2018
- Power Star Applies For Jamaican Citizenship - July 31, 2018
- Yendi Phillipps Gets Baptised - July 30, 2018