Commissioner Quallo Reportedly Set To Step Down
Police Commissioner George Quallo is reportedly set to demit office within a matter of days.
Quallo was appointed as police commissioner in April 2017 and was scheduled to retire in August of this year.
Earlier this month he refuted claims that he intended to leave the job amid growing concerns over the country’s spiraling crime problem and fallout from a traffic gridlock on the Palisadoes road in Kingston.
The traffic jam which lasted for several hours resulted in flights being delayed at the at Norman Manley International Airport and reportedly caused some passengers to miss flights.
Deputy Commissioner Clifford Blake is expected to take over his duties following his departure.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Toddler Goes Missing In Westmoreland - February 25, 2018
- Leon Bailey Named In Provisional Reggae Boyz Squad For 2020 Olympic Qualifiers - February 24, 2018
- Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica! - February 23, 2018
- Two Charged For Murder Of Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple - February 22, 2018
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Visit Jamaica For His Dad’s Wedding - February 21, 2018
- Fire Destroys Historic Methodist Church In St Ann - February 21, 2018
- Jamaican Man Labelled A Hero After Saving Young Girl From Vicious Pit Bull In Florida - February 20, 2018
- Jamaica’s Female Bobsleighers Complete Impressive Run At Winter Olympics - February 20, 2018
- Leon Bailey Steals Ball Off Defender, Evades Goalkeeper To Score - February 19, 2018
- Jimmy Cliff’s Daughter In Marvel’s Black Panther Movie - February 18, 2018