Commissioner Quallo Reportedly Set To Step Down
Police Commissioner George Quallo is reportedly set to demit office within a matter of days.
Quallo was appointed as police commissioner in April 2017 and was scheduled to retire in August of this year.
Earlier this month he refuted claims that he intended to leave the job amid growing concerns over the country’s spiraling crime problem and fallout from a traffic gridlock on the Palisadoes road in Kingston.
The traffic jam which lasted for several hours resulted in flights being delayed at the at Norman Manley International Airport and reportedly caused some passengers to miss flights.
Deputy Commissioner Clifford Blake is expected to take over his duties following his departure.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019
- Ruffi Drops Hot New Single “Pressure” - January 28, 2019
- Home With Breathtaking Sea View For Sale In Oracabessa - January 26, 2019
- Reggae Girlz Train At Montego Bay Sports Complex Today - January 20, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites ‘Mad And Mean’ For Season 14 - January 16, 2019
- Here Is Why 2019 Will Be A Great Year For Tourism In Jamaica - January 15, 2019