Commissioner Quallo Reportedly Set To Step Down
Police Commissioner George Quallo is reportedly set to demit office within a matter of days.
Quallo was appointed as police commissioner in April 2017 and was scheduled to retire in August of this year.
Earlier this month he refuted claims that he intended to leave the job amid growing concerns over the country’s spiraling crime problem and fallout from a traffic gridlock on the Palisadoes road in Kingston.
The traffic jam which lasted for several hours resulted in flights being delayed at the at Norman Manley International Airport and reportedly caused some passengers to miss flights.
Deputy Commissioner Clifford Blake is expected to take over his duties following his departure.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaica Represented In IDB Development Work - May 26, 2018
- Reggae Boyz Fall Out Of Top 50 In Latest FIFA Rankings - May 26, 2018
- Sean Paul Announces Death Of His Father - May 25, 2018
- Ananda Alert Issued For Missing St Ann Teen - May 24, 2018
- Street Team Win ‘Clash 13’ Of Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Competition - May 23, 2018
- Ignite IGL Foundation Brings Cheer To Riverton Meadows Early Childhood Centre - May 22, 2018
- Gasoline Retailers Express Concern As Fuel Prices Rise - May 22, 2018
- Security Forces Seize Masks, Firearms In Westmoreland - May 21, 2018
- Gov’t Considers Increasing Ethanol Percentage In Petrol - May 20, 2018
- Bayern Munich Reportedly Make €60 Million Offer For Jamaican Winger Leon Bailey - May 19, 2018