Commissioner Quallo Reportedly Set To Step Down
Police Commissioner George Quallo is reportedly set to demit office within a matter of days.
Quallo was appointed as police commissioner in April 2017 and was scheduled to retire in August of this year.
Earlier this month he refuted claims that he intended to leave the job amid growing concerns over the country’s spiraling crime problem and fallout from a traffic gridlock on the Palisadoes road in Kingston.
The traffic jam which lasted for several hours resulted in flights being delayed at the at Norman Manley International Airport and reportedly caused some passengers to miss flights.
Deputy Commissioner Clifford Blake is expected to take over his duties following his departure.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Visual Artist Maia Chung Invited By Major Italian Gallery For Consideration For Important Art Residency In Italy 2019 - September 18, 2019
- Players Struck By Lightning At Manning Cup Match - September 17, 2019
- Investment Property For Sale In St Ann - September 16, 2019
- Nicholson On Fire In Belgium! - September 14, 2019
- Boyz Hammer Guyana 4-0 - September 10, 2019
- Dr. Peter Phillips Retains PNP Presidency - September 8, 2019
- Striker Khadija Shaw Slams JFF Over Unpaid Wages - September 4, 2019
- Clarendon Farmers Diversifying Crop Production To Be More Climate Resilient - August 21, 2019
- Bailey On Target In Season Opener - August 19, 2019
- Kai, 10 Launches Her Kits To Keep Kids Clean And Healthy - August 13, 2019