38 Homicides In First Six Days Of 2018
Police figures show that at least 38 murders took place across the island in the first six days of 2018.
The statistics indicate that during said period, there were 38 murders, 16 shootings and 17 robberies.
Over a similar period in 2017, there were 23 murders, 18 shootings and 16 robberies.
2017 was one of the bloodiest years on record with a 1,616 murders being recorded. This figure excludes fifty other cases that are reportedly listed as death investigations.
In 2009, 1,683 persons were killed in Jamaica – the highest on record.
2005 was also a year filled with bloodletting with a recorded 1,670 murders.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Historic! Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Qualify For The 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup - October 18, 2018
- Reggae Boy Luton Shelton Afflicted With ALS Disease - October 13, 2018
- Alia Atkinson Scares World Record - October 6, 2018
- Jamaica, Russia Sign Reciprocal Visa Waiver Agreement - October 2, 2018
- Buju’s Post Prison Tour In The Works - September 26, 2018
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018