38 Homicides In First Six Days Of 2018
Police figures show that at least 38 murders took place across the island in the first six days of 2018.
The statistics indicate that during said period, there were 38 murders, 16 shootings and 17 robberies.
Over a similar period in 2017, there were 23 murders, 18 shootings and 16 robberies.
2017 was one of the bloodiest years on record with a 1,616 murders being recorded. This figure excludes fifty other cases that are reportedly listed as death investigations.
In 2009, 1,683 persons were killed in Jamaica – the highest on record.
2005 was also a year filled with bloodletting with a recorded 1,670 murders.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018
- CSEC Results Show Significant Improvement Over Last Year - August 13, 2018
- Jamaican Dollar Flies Past $136 Against US - August 10, 2018
- Asphalt Supplies Now Available – Petrojam - August 9, 2018
- Alia Atkinson To Receive Order Of Distinction - August 7, 2018
- Police Recover Stolen Goats in Clarendon - August 6, 2018
- Foreign Exchange: J$135.46 To One US Dollar - August 4, 2018
- Ruffi Drops Music Video For His Hit Single ‘Survive’ - August 1, 2018
- Power Star Applies For Jamaican Citizenship - July 31, 2018
- Yendi Phillipps Gets Baptised - July 30, 2018