38 Homicides In First Six Days Of 2018
Police figures show that at least 38 murders took place across the island in the first six days of 2018.
The statistics indicate that during said period, there were 38 murders, 16 shootings and 17 robberies.
Over a similar period in 2017, there were 23 murders, 18 shootings and 16 robberies.
2017 was one of the bloodiest years on record with a 1,616 murders being recorded. This figure excludes fifty other cases that are reportedly listed as death investigations.
In 2009, 1,683 persons were killed in Jamaica – the highest on record.
2005 was also a year filled with bloodletting with a recorded 1,670 murders.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019
- Ruffi Drops Hot New Single “Pressure” - January 28, 2019
- Home With Breathtaking Sea View For Sale In Oracabessa - January 26, 2019
- Reggae Girlz Train At Montego Bay Sports Complex Today - January 20, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites ‘Mad And Mean’ For Season 14 - January 16, 2019
- Here Is Why 2019 Will Be A Great Year For Tourism In Jamaica - January 15, 2019