38 Homicides In First Six Days Of 2018
Police figures show that at least 38 murders took place across the island in the first six days of 2018.
The statistics indicate that during said period, there were 38 murders, 16 shootings and 17 robberies.
Over a similar period in 2017, there were 23 murders, 18 shootings and 16 robberies.
2017 was one of the bloodiest years on record with a 1,616 murders being recorded. This figure excludes fifty other cases that are reportedly listed as death investigations.
In 2009, 1,683 persons were killed in Jamaica – the highest on record.
2005 was also a year filled with bloodletting with a recorded 1,670 murders.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Three Members Of Family Killed In St Thomas - January 21, 2018
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Cheeky Back-Heel Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - January 20, 2018
- Canadian, British Tourists In St James Urged To Stay Within Resorts - January 20, 2018
- Former West Indies Youth Cricketer Of The Year Xavier Marshall To Represent The USA - January 19, 2018
- Major Military Operation In St James - January 18, 2018
- Bolt To Donate $1 Million To Children’s Home Following Deadly Fire - January 17, 2018
- Mobay Man Charged For Quadruple Murder - January 17, 2018
- Jamaica To Send First Women’s Bobsleigh Team To Olympics - January 16, 2018
- Jamaican Singer Diana King Weds Her Partner Mijanne Webster - January 16, 2018
- More Than 20 People Hospitalised Following Collision In St Thomas - January 15, 2018