100 People Killed In First 20 Days Of 2018
At least 100 people have been killed across the island since the start of 2018.
Statistics from the Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) indicate that at least 100 homicides were recorded between January 1 and January 20, 2018.
This is 13 more than the tally during the same time frame in 2017.
Despite the increase in murders, the JCF says there has been a reduction in other major crimes during the period.
The reported cases of rape decreased by 50 percent, aggravated assault is down 51 per cent while break-ins have declined by 50 per cent during said period.
Police divisions in St Catherine North and Clarendon each recorded 13 murders while nine were recorded in St Andrew South.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Stunning Home For Sale In Stonebrook Estate - November 12, 2018
- Jamaican Author Dwight Thompson Delivers Hard-Hitting Coming-Of-Age Tale With Debut Novel - November 11, 2018
- Fly Jamaica Plane Crash Lands In Guyana - November 9, 2018
- Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung Has First Solo Exhibition - November 9, 2018
- Two Reggae Girlz Named In CONCACAF Best Eleven - November 6, 2018
- The Ball Is In Bolt’s Court - October 30, 2018
- Ruffi Delivers At South Florida Event - October 27, 2018
- Historic! Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Qualify For The 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup - October 18, 2018
- Reggae Boy Luton Shelton Afflicted With ALS Disease - October 13, 2018
- Alia Atkinson Scares World Record - October 6, 2018