100 People Killed In First 20 Days Of 2018
At least 100 people have been killed across the island since the start of 2018.
Statistics from the Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) indicate that at least 100 homicides were recorded between January 1 and January 20, 2018.
This is 13 more than the tally during the same time frame in 2017.
Despite the increase in murders, the JCF says there has been a reduction in other major crimes during the period.
The reported cases of rape decreased by 50 percent, aggravated assault is down 51 per cent while break-ins have declined by 50 per cent during said period.
Police divisions in St Catherine North and Clarendon each recorded 13 murders while nine were recorded in St Andrew South.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Toddler Goes Missing In Westmoreland - February 25, 2018
- Leon Bailey Named In Provisional Reggae Boyz Squad For 2020 Olympic Qualifiers - February 24, 2018
- Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica! - February 23, 2018
- Two Charged For Murder Of Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple - February 22, 2018
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Visit Jamaica For His Dad’s Wedding - February 21, 2018
- Fire Destroys Historic Methodist Church In St Ann - February 21, 2018
- Jamaican Man Labelled A Hero After Saving Young Girl From Vicious Pit Bull In Florida - February 20, 2018
- Jamaica’s Female Bobsleighers Complete Impressive Run At Winter Olympics - February 20, 2018
- Leon Bailey Steals Ball Off Defender, Evades Goalkeeper To Score - February 19, 2018
- Jimmy Cliff’s Daughter In Marvel’s Black Panther Movie - February 18, 2018