100 People Killed In First 20 Days Of 2018
At least 100 people have been killed across the island since the start of 2018.
Statistics from the Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) indicate that at least 100 homicides were recorded between January 1 and January 20, 2018.
This is 13 more than the tally during the same time frame in 2017.
Despite the increase in murders, the JCF says there has been a reduction in other major crimes during the period.
The reported cases of rape decreased by 50 percent, aggravated assault is down 51 per cent while break-ins have declined by 50 per cent during said period.
Police divisions in St Catherine North and Clarendon each recorded 13 murders while nine were recorded in St Andrew South.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019
- Ruffi Drops Hot New Single “Pressure” - January 28, 2019
- Home With Breathtaking Sea View For Sale In Oracabessa - January 26, 2019
- Reggae Girlz Train At Montego Bay Sports Complex Today - January 20, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites ‘Mad And Mean’ For Season 14 - January 16, 2019
- Here Is Why 2019 Will Be A Great Year For Tourism In Jamaica - January 15, 2019