Veteran Journalist Ian Boyne Dies
Veteran journalist Ian Boyne is dead.
Boyne, who was also Deputy CEO of the Jamaica Information Service (JIS) reportedly passed away at the University Hospital of the West Indies on Monday morning (December 18) after being admitted to hospital in serious condition for an undisclosed illness earlier this month.
Boyne’s death will undoubtedly come as a shock to many as he was subsequently removed from the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the University Hospital of the West Indies and was said to be recuperating well.
Following his passing, Prime Minister Andrew Holness expressed sadness at his death via a social media post saying:
“This morning I got the sad news that Ian Boyne, veteran Journalist and Deputy CEO died. Ian has been a consummate statesman, who has been a steady hand in helping to guide with JIS and Government communication over the decades.”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Wonderful Home FOR SALE At Unbelievable Price In Highgate! - December 10, 2018
- US-Born Citizen Nearly Deported To Jamaica - December 7, 2018
- First Solo Art Exhibition For Maia Chung At Reggae Mill - December 4, 2018
- Dalton Harris Wins The X Factor - December 2, 2018
- Reggae Music Added To Global Cultural Heritage List - December 1, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Advances To X Factor Finals - November 26, 2018
- NRSC Commends Government On Passing Of Road Traffic Act 2018 - November 23, 2018
- Jamaica Defeats USA To Qualify For Rugby League World Cup - November 21, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Delivers Incredible Rendition Of Beyonce’s ‘Listen’ On X Factor UK - November 18, 2018
- Stunning Furnished Home For RENT In Stonebrook Estate - November 12, 2018