Veteran Journalist Ian Boyne Dies
Veteran journalist Ian Boyne is dead.
Boyne, who was also Deputy CEO of the Jamaica Information Service (JIS) reportedly passed away at the University Hospital of the West Indies on Monday morning (December 18) after being admitted to hospital in serious condition for an undisclosed illness earlier this month.
Boyne’s death will undoubtedly come as a shock to many as he was subsequently removed from the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the University Hospital of the West Indies and was said to be recuperating well.
Following his passing, Prime Minister Andrew Holness expressed sadness at his death via a social media post saying:
“This morning I got the sad news that Ian Boyne, veteran Journalist and Deputy CEO died. Ian has been a consummate statesman, who has been a steady hand in helping to guide with JIS and Government communication over the decades.”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Bolt To Train With Australian A-League Side Central Coast Mariners - July 17, 2018
- Accident Claims Life Of UWI Student In St Mary - July 16, 2018
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Secures Rare Sprint Double At World U20 Championships - July 14, 2018
- Petrol Prices Surge Locally - July 12, 2018
- Protoje Tops Billboard Reggae Chart - July 11, 2018
- Kartel Possibly One Step Closer To Freedom - July 9, 2018
- Elderly Man Suspected Of Committing Suicide In Kingston - July 8, 2018
- Kartel’s Appeal Trial To Commence Next Week - July 6, 2018
- Jamaican-American Actress Sheryl Lee Ralph Inducted Into ICS Wall Of Fame - July 4, 2018
- Zero Murders In St Ann Last Month - July 3, 2018