Veteran Journalist Ian Boyne Dies
Veteran journalist Ian Boyne is dead.
Boyne, who was also Deputy CEO of the Jamaica Information Service (JIS) reportedly passed away at the University Hospital of the West Indies on Monday morning (December 18) after being admitted to hospital in serious condition for an undisclosed illness earlier this month.
Boyne’s death will undoubtedly come as a shock to many as he was subsequently removed from the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the University Hospital of the West Indies and was said to be recuperating well.
Following his passing, Prime Minister Andrew Holness expressed sadness at his death via a social media post saying:
“This morning I got the sad news that Ian Boyne, veteran Journalist and Deputy CEO died. Ian has been a consummate statesman, who has been a steady hand in helping to guide with JIS and Government communication over the decades.”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Boy Luton Shelton Afflicted With ALS Disease - October 13, 2018
- Alia Atkinson Scares World Record - October 6, 2018
- Jamaica, Russia Sign Reciprocal Visa Waiver Agreement - October 2, 2018
- Buju’s Post Prison Tour In The Works - September 26, 2018
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018
- How Technology Has Made The World Smaller By Creating Remote Working Environments - September 4, 2018