Veteran Journalist Ian Boyne Dies
Veteran journalist Ian Boyne is dead.
Boyne, who was also Deputy CEO of the Jamaica Information Service (JIS) reportedly passed away at the University Hospital of the West Indies on Monday morning (December 18) after being admitted to hospital in serious condition for an undisclosed illness earlier this month.
Boyne’s death will undoubtedly come as a shock to many as he was subsequently removed from the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the University Hospital of the West Indies and was said to be recuperating well.
Following his passing, Prime Minister Andrew Holness expressed sadness at his death via a social media post saying:
“This morning I got the sad news that Ian Boyne, veteran Journalist and Deputy CEO died. Ian has been a consummate statesman, who has been a steady hand in helping to guide with JIS and Government communication over the decades.”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- How To Use The Internet For Additional Earnings - April 26, 2018
- Shaggy Performs At Queen Elizabeth’s Birthday Party - April 24, 2018
- Oil And Gas 3D Seismic Survey Nearly 50 Percent Complete - April 22, 2018
- Solange Knowles Writes Thank You Letter To Jamaica - April 21, 2018
- Canadian Politician Sparks Outrage With Remarks About Jamaicans, Later Apologises - April 20, 2018
- Health Ministry Reports Steep Rise In Obesity Among 13-15 Year Olds - April 19, 2018
- Counterfeit Goods Valuing Over $100 Million Seized, Two Chinese Nationals Arrested - April 18, 2018
- Jamaicans Among Thousands From Caribbean To See Their Status Legalised In The UK - April 17, 2018
- Murders Down By Nearly 80 Percent In St James Under State Of Emergency - April 16, 2018
- 27 Medals For Jamaica At 2018 Commonwealth Games - April 15, 2018