Veteran Journalist Ian Boyne Dies
Veteran journalist Ian Boyne is dead.
Boyne, who was also Deputy CEO of the Jamaica Information Service (JIS) reportedly passed away at the University Hospital of the West Indies on Monday morning (December 18) after being admitted to hospital in serious condition for an undisclosed illness earlier this month.
Boyne’s death will undoubtedly come as a shock to many as he was subsequently removed from the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the University Hospital of the West Indies and was said to be recuperating well.
Following his passing, Prime Minister Andrew Holness expressed sadness at his death via a social media post saying:
“This morning I got the sad news that Ian Boyne, veteran Journalist and Deputy CEO died. Ian has been a consummate statesman, who has been a steady hand in helping to guide with JIS and Government communication over the decades.”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Three Members Of Family Killed In St Thomas - January 21, 2018
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Cheeky Back-Heel Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - January 20, 2018
- Canadian, British Tourists In St James Urged To Stay Within Resorts - January 20, 2018
- Former West Indies Youth Cricketer Of The Year Xavier Marshall To Represent The USA - January 19, 2018
- Major Military Operation In St James - January 18, 2018
- Bolt To Donate $1 Million To Children’s Home Following Deadly Fire - January 17, 2018
- Mobay Man Charged For Quadruple Murder - January 17, 2018
- Jamaica To Send First Women’s Bobsleigh Team To Olympics - January 16, 2018
- Jamaican Singer Diana King Weds Her Partner Mijanne Webster - January 16, 2018
- More Than 20 People Hospitalised Following Collision In St Thomas - January 15, 2018