Street In Clarendon To Be Named After Miss Jamaica Universe Davina Bennett
A street in the parish of Clarendon is to be named after Miss Jamaica Universe Davina Bennett.
Minister of Local Government and Community Development Desmond McKenzie made the announcement recently at a Tree Lighting Ceremony in the parish.
Middle Street in Mitchell Town, is to be renamed in her honour.
Bennett, who hails from Vegas Middle Street was also presented with the key to the township of May Pen.
Last month Bennett earned a third place finish at the 2018 Miss Universe pageant in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The 21-year-old who works with deaf students was among 92 contestants vying for the crown.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Three Members Of Family Killed In St Thomas - January 21, 2018
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Cheeky Back-Heel Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - January 20, 2018
- Canadian, British Tourists In St James Urged To Stay Within Resorts - January 20, 2018
- Former West Indies Youth Cricketer Of The Year Xavier Marshall To Represent The USA - January 19, 2018
- Major Military Operation In St James - January 18, 2018
- Bolt To Donate $1 Million To Children’s Home Following Deadly Fire - January 17, 2018
- Mobay Man Charged For Quadruple Murder - January 17, 2018
- Jamaica To Send First Women’s Bobsleigh Team To Olympics - January 16, 2018
- Jamaican Singer Diana King Weds Her Partner Mijanne Webster - January 16, 2018
- More Than 20 People Hospitalised Following Collision In St Thomas - January 15, 2018