Street In Clarendon To Be Named After Miss Jamaica Universe Davina Bennett
A street in the parish of Clarendon is to be named after Miss Jamaica Universe Davina Bennett.
Minister of Local Government and Community Development Desmond McKenzie made the announcement recently at a Tree Lighting Ceremony in the parish.
Middle Street in Mitchell Town, is to be renamed in her honour.
Bennett, who hails from Vegas Middle Street was also presented with the key to the township of May Pen.
Last month Bennett earned a third place finish at the 2018 Miss Universe pageant in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The 21-year-old who works with deaf students was among 92 contestants vying for the crown.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- How To Use The Internet For Additional Earnings - April 26, 2018
- Shaggy Performs At Queen Elizabeth’s Birthday Party - April 24, 2018
- Oil And Gas 3D Seismic Survey Nearly 50 Percent Complete - April 22, 2018
- Solange Knowles Writes Thank You Letter To Jamaica - April 21, 2018
- Canadian Politician Sparks Outrage With Remarks About Jamaicans, Later Apologises - April 20, 2018
- Health Ministry Reports Steep Rise In Obesity Among 13-15 Year Olds - April 19, 2018
- Counterfeit Goods Valuing Over $100 Million Seized, Two Chinese Nationals Arrested - April 18, 2018
- Jamaicans Among Thousands From Caribbean To See Their Status Legalised In The UK - April 17, 2018
- Murders Down By Nearly 80 Percent In St James Under State Of Emergency - April 16, 2018
- 27 Medals For Jamaica At 2018 Commonwealth Games - April 15, 2018