Reggae Boyz Land J$500m Shirt Deal
Umbro team up with Jamaica’s Football Federation
The Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) will kick-off the new year in good spirits after signing a J$500m four-year shirt deal with Umbro.
Umbro, the British football equipment maker, signed the contract recently in Panama with new JFF president Michael Ricketts and Alberto Bassan, director of Flex Pro – Umbro’s distributor in Panama.
Ricketts said: “I must express my delight, this is a world renown name and the JFF is delighted to be partnering with Umbro.
“I’m very positive that this will be a mutually beneficial partnership because Umbro is a famous name in football around the world, and we are looking forward to revealing the new kits to our fans.
“We’re looking for positive things from our national teams and this will be an excellent start.”
Bassan described the deal as a “dream come true after many many months of negotiation.”
He added: “We’ve been in tremendous negotiations and we are able to reach a most generous and important deal.
“Umbro, a British brand, in essence will be able to bear its name on the JFF kit as from next year – and it’s a real honour for us.
“We are rooting for the best of the Jamaica Football Federation and for the Jamaican people and we will see,
“God willing, these beautiful Umbro uniforms in the FIFA World Cup 2022.”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaican Sport To Serve Up Digital Projects - January 18, 2018
- Ball In JFF’s Court After U-Turn About Rising Star Bailey - January 11, 2018
- Bailey Given Green Light For Jamaica Debut - January 10, 2018
- Bailey’s “Dream” Is To Play In England - January 9, 2018
- Reggae Boyz Land J$500m Shirt Deal - December 20, 2017
- Bolt’s Goal Remains To Be A Top-Class Footballer - October 24, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Monitored By Barcelona - October 16, 2017
- Reggae Boyz Fall Flat With Feeble Friendly Defeat In Canada - September 3, 2017
- Reggae Boyz Win Island Bragging Rights Over Bitter Rivals - August 29, 2017
- Late, Late Show Ends Jamaica’s Gold Cup Dream - July 27, 2017