Ninjaman Sentenced to Life In Prison
Veteran dancehall artiste, Ninjaman was today (December 18) sentenced to life in prison in the Home Circuit Court in Kingston.
The entertainer whose real name is Desmond Ballentine was reportedly handed the sentence by Judge Martin Gayle for the 2009 murder of Ricardo Johnson, aka Ricky Trooper.
He will be eligible for parole after serving 25 years in prison.
“Thumbs up, your honour,” – the deejay is quoted by Loop Jamaica as saying after being handed the sentence. He received a 20 year sentence for shooting with intent which will run concurrent with the murder sentence.
The entertainer’s co-accused – his son Janeil and another man Dennis Clayton, were also sentenced to life in prison,for their roles in Johnson’s death.
Ninjaman’s attorney Queen’s Counsel Valerie Neita Robertson reportedly stated the entertainer will appeal the conviction.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Boy Luton Shelton Afflicted With ALS Disease - October 13, 2018
- Alia Atkinson Scares World Record - October 6, 2018
- Jamaica, Russia Sign Reciprocal Visa Waiver Agreement - October 2, 2018
- Buju’s Post Prison Tour In The Works - September 26, 2018
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018
- How Technology Has Made The World Smaller By Creating Remote Working Environments - September 4, 2018