Ninjaman Sentenced to Life In Prison
Veteran dancehall artiste, Ninjaman was today (December 18) sentenced to life in prison in the Home Circuit Court in Kingston.
The entertainer whose real name is Desmond Ballentine was reportedly handed the sentence by Judge Martin Gayle for the 2009 murder of Ricardo Johnson, aka Ricky Trooper.
He will be eligible for parole after serving 25 years in prison.
“Thumbs up, your honour,” – the deejay is quoted by Loop Jamaica as saying after being handed the sentence. He received a 20 year sentence for shooting with intent which will run concurrent with the murder sentence.
The entertainer’s co-accused – his son Janeil and another man Dennis Clayton, were also sentenced to life in prison,for their roles in Johnson’s death.
Ninjaman’s attorney Queen’s Counsel Valerie Neita Robertson reportedly stated the entertainer will appeal the conviction.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Girlz Train At Montego Bay Sports Complex Today - January 20, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites ‘Mad And Mean’ For Season 14 - January 16, 2019
- Here Is Why 2019 Will Be A Great Year For Tourism In Jamaica - January 15, 2019
- Reggae Boy Peter-Lee Vassell Drafted by Los Angeles FC - January 13, 2019
- Caribbean Food And Drink Festival “Taste The Islands Experience” Returns To Fort Lauderdale—Bigger And Better - January 10, 2019
- Buju Concert Scheduled For March 16th In Jamaica - January 6, 2019
- Ruffi Delivers Again With New Single ‘Pressure’ - January 2, 2019
- PM And Security Experts Meet To Plan Further Anti-Crime Strategies - January 1, 2019
- New Short Film Shines Light On Bob Marley’s Love For Football - December 30, 2018
- Leon Bailey To Be Instructed By New Coach At Bayer Leverkusen - December 26, 2018