Ninjaman Sentenced to Life In Prison
Veteran dancehall artiste, Ninjaman was today (December 18) sentenced to life in prison in the Home Circuit Court in Kingston.
The entertainer whose real name is Desmond Ballentine was reportedly handed the sentence by Judge Martin Gayle for the 2009 murder of Ricardo Johnson, aka Ricky Trooper.
He will be eligible for parole after serving 25 years in prison.
“Thumbs up, your honour,” – the deejay is quoted by Loop Jamaica as saying after being handed the sentence. He received a 20 year sentence for shooting with intent which will run concurrent with the murder sentence.
The entertainer’s co-accused – his son Janeil and another man Dennis Clayton, were also sentenced to life in prison,for their roles in Johnson’s death.
Ninjaman’s attorney Queen’s Counsel Valerie Neita Robertson reportedly stated the entertainer will appeal the conviction.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Three Members Of Family Killed In St Thomas - January 21, 2018
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Cheeky Back-Heel Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - January 20, 2018
- Canadian, British Tourists In St James Urged To Stay Within Resorts - January 20, 2018
- Former West Indies Youth Cricketer Of The Year Xavier Marshall To Represent The USA - January 19, 2018
- Major Military Operation In St James - January 18, 2018
- Bolt To Donate $1 Million To Children’s Home Following Deadly Fire - January 17, 2018
- Mobay Man Charged For Quadruple Murder - January 17, 2018
- Jamaica To Send First Women’s Bobsleigh Team To Olympics - January 16, 2018
- Jamaican Singer Diana King Weds Her Partner Mijanne Webster - January 16, 2018
- More Than 20 People Hospitalised Following Collision In St Thomas - January 15, 2018