Ninjaman Sentenced to Life In Prison
Veteran dancehall artiste, Ninjaman was today (December 18) sentenced to life in prison in the Home Circuit Court in Kingston.
The entertainer whose real name is Desmond Ballentine was reportedly handed the sentence by Judge Martin Gayle for the 2009 murder of Ricardo Johnson, aka Ricky Trooper.
He will be eligible for parole after serving 25 years in prison.
“Thumbs up, your honour,” – the deejay is quoted by Loop Jamaica as saying after being handed the sentence. He received a 20 year sentence for shooting with intent which will run concurrent with the murder sentence.
The entertainer’s co-accused – his son Janeil and another man Dennis Clayton, were also sentenced to life in prison,for their roles in Johnson’s death.
Ninjaman’s attorney Queen’s Counsel Valerie Neita Robertson reportedly stated the entertainer will appeal the conviction.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- How To Use The Internet For Additional Earnings - April 26, 2018
- Shaggy Performs At Queen Elizabeth’s Birthday Party - April 24, 2018
- Oil And Gas 3D Seismic Survey Nearly 50 Percent Complete - April 22, 2018
- Solange Knowles Writes Thank You Letter To Jamaica - April 21, 2018
- Canadian Politician Sparks Outrage With Remarks About Jamaicans, Later Apologises - April 20, 2018
- Health Ministry Reports Steep Rise In Obesity Among 13-15 Year Olds - April 19, 2018
- Counterfeit Goods Valuing Over $100 Million Seized, Two Chinese Nationals Arrested - April 18, 2018
- Jamaicans Among Thousands From Caribbean To See Their Status Legalised In The UK - April 17, 2018
- Murders Down By Nearly 80 Percent In St James Under State Of Emergency - April 16, 2018
- 27 Medals For Jamaica At 2018 Commonwealth Games - April 15, 2018