Ninjaman Sentenced to Life In Prison
Veteran dancehall artiste, Ninjaman was today (December 18) sentenced to life in prison in the Home Circuit Court in Kingston.
The entertainer whose real name is Desmond Ballentine was reportedly handed the sentence by Judge Martin Gayle for the 2009 murder of Ricardo Johnson, aka Ricky Trooper.
He will be eligible for parole after serving 25 years in prison.
“Thumbs up, your honour,” – the deejay is quoted by Loop Jamaica as saying after being handed the sentence. He received a 20 year sentence for shooting with intent which will run concurrent with the murder sentence.
The entertainer’s co-accused – his son Janeil and another man Dennis Clayton, were also sentenced to life in prison,for their roles in Johnson’s death.
Ninjaman’s attorney Queen’s Counsel Valerie Neita Robertson reportedly stated the entertainer will appeal the conviction.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Bolt To Train With Australian A-League Side Central Coast Mariners - July 17, 2018
- Accident Claims Life Of UWI Student In St Mary - July 16, 2018
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Secures Rare Sprint Double At World U20 Championships - July 14, 2018
- Petrol Prices Surge Locally - July 12, 2018
- Protoje Tops Billboard Reggae Chart - July 11, 2018
- Kartel Possibly One Step Closer To Freedom - July 9, 2018
- Elderly Man Suspected Of Committing Suicide In Kingston - July 8, 2018
- Kartel’s Appeal Trial To Commence Next Week - July 6, 2018
- Jamaican-American Actress Sheryl Lee Ralph Inducted Into ICS Wall Of Fame - July 4, 2018
- Zero Murders In St Ann Last Month - July 3, 2018