Leon Bailey Strike Fires Bayer Leverkusen Into DFB Cup Quarter-Finals
Jamaican wonderkid Leon Bailey continues to prove that he is among the world’s most gifted young footballers.
The 20-year-old winger has already scored eight goals in all competitions for his club Bayer Leverkusen.
His most recent came in a mid-week clash against Borussia Monchengladbach where he scored the game’s only goal to help Leverkusen book a spot in the DFB Cup quarter-finals.
The DFB-Pokal or German Cup is a German knockout football cup competition held annually. Sixty-four teams participate in the competition, including all clubs from the Bundesliga and the 2. Bundesliga. It is regarded as the second-most important club title in German football after the Bundesliga championship.
Scouted Football notes that the highly-rated youngster has been directly involved in a goal once every 92 minutes across all competitions this season.
Bailey has already attracted the attention of elite European clubs like FC Barcelona, Chelsea, Arsenal among others.
A few weeks ago it was revealed that Bailey was one of three players who were monitored by representatives from FC Barcelona.
Media outlets revealed that Barcelona’s sporting director Robert Fernandez and Urbano Ortega, the club’s chief of scouting keenly watched Bailey, fellow winger Julian Brandt and defender Jonathan Tah during Bayer Leverkusen’s 2-2 draw against Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- How To Use The Internet For Additional Earnings - April 26, 2018
- Shaggy Performs At Queen Elizabeth’s Birthday Party - April 24, 2018
- Oil And Gas 3D Seismic Survey Nearly 50 Percent Complete - April 22, 2018
- Solange Knowles Writes Thank You Letter To Jamaica - April 21, 2018
- Canadian Politician Sparks Outrage With Remarks About Jamaicans, Later Apologises - April 20, 2018
- Health Ministry Reports Steep Rise In Obesity Among 13-15 Year Olds - April 19, 2018
- Counterfeit Goods Valuing Over $100 Million Seized, Two Chinese Nationals Arrested - April 18, 2018
- Jamaicans Among Thousands From Caribbean To See Their Status Legalised In The UK - April 17, 2018
- Murders Down By Nearly 80 Percent In St James Under State Of Emergency - April 16, 2018
- 27 Medals For Jamaica At 2018 Commonwealth Games - April 15, 2018