Leon Bailey Strike Fires Bayer Leverkusen Into DFB Cup Quarter-Finals
Jamaican wonderkid Leon Bailey continues to prove that he is among the world’s most gifted young footballers.
The 20-year-old winger has already scored eight goals in all competitions for his club Bayer Leverkusen.
His most recent came in a mid-week clash against Borussia Monchengladbach where he scored the game’s only goal to help Leverkusen book a spot in the DFB Cup quarter-finals.
The DFB-Pokal or German Cup is a German knockout football cup competition held annually. Sixty-four teams participate in the competition, including all clubs from the Bundesliga and the 2. Bundesliga. It is regarded as the second-most important club title in German football after the Bundesliga championship.
Scouted Football notes that the highly-rated youngster has been directly involved in a goal once every 92 minutes across all competitions this season.
Bailey has already attracted the attention of elite European clubs like FC Barcelona, Chelsea, Arsenal among others.
A few weeks ago it was revealed that Bailey was one of three players who were monitored by representatives from FC Barcelona.
Media outlets revealed that Barcelona’s sporting director Robert Fernandez and Urbano Ortega, the club’s chief of scouting keenly watched Bailey, fellow winger Julian Brandt and defender Jonathan Tah during Bayer Leverkusen’s 2-2 draw against Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Historic! Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Qualify For The 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup - October 18, 2018
- Reggae Boy Luton Shelton Afflicted With ALS Disease - October 13, 2018
- Alia Atkinson Scares World Record - October 6, 2018
- Jamaica, Russia Sign Reciprocal Visa Waiver Agreement - October 2, 2018
- Buju’s Post Prison Tour In The Works - September 26, 2018
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018