JC Wins Fifth Consecutive Manning Cup Title
On Friday Jamaica College (JC) earned their fifth-straight ISSA/FLOW urban area Manning Cup title and their 29th overall after defeating St Andrew Technical High School (STATHS) 5-3 on penalties at the National Stadium.
The match went down to the wire with the score locked at 1-1 at the end of full and extra time.
JC took the lead in the 29th minute with a brilliant goal from Shaneil Thomas. Thomas expertly controlled a high ball and evaded a defender before hammering home, leaving the keeper no chance.
STATHS got their equaliser in the 41st minute courtesy of a goal by David Smith who chested a ball into the back of the net from a corner kick.
Both teams created several goal scoring opportunities in the second half but failed to capitalise.
This was the third time the teams faced off this season. The previous two meetings ended in 1-1 draws.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- D&G Foundation Pumps 4.2 Million Into HEART Trust NTA Youth Development Programme - December 13, 2017
- Dancehall Artiste Mineral Boss Shot Dead In Caymanas Bay - December 13, 2017
- A New T20 Record! The ‘Universe Boss’ Smashes 146 Off 69 Balls (18 Sixes) - December 12, 2017
- Jamaica’s Edmund Bartlett Named Caribbean Tourism Minister of the Year - December 12, 2017
- Three Die After Gunmen Callously Attack Mourners At Funeral In Kingston - December 11, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch In Effect For Northern And Southeastern Parishes - December 11, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Delivers Two Assists In Leverkusen Win - December 10, 2017
- Jamaicans Driving Support Against Paediatric Cancer - December 9, 2017
- Missing US National Found - December 8, 2017
- Police Seek Public’s Help To Find Missing US National - December 7, 2017