JC Wins Fifth Consecutive Manning Cup Title
On Friday Jamaica College (JC) earned their fifth-straight ISSA/FLOW urban area Manning Cup title and their 29th overall after defeating St Andrew Technical High School (STATHS) 5-3 on penalties at the National Stadium.
The match went down to the wire with the score locked at 1-1 at the end of full and extra time.
JC took the lead in the 29th minute with a brilliant goal from Shaneil Thomas. Thomas expertly controlled a high ball and evaded a defender before hammering home, leaving the keeper no chance.
STATHS got their equaliser in the 41st minute courtesy of a goal by David Smith who chested a ball into the back of the net from a corner kick.
Both teams created several goal scoring opportunities in the second half but failed to capitalise.
This was the third time the teams faced off this season. The previous two meetings ended in 1-1 draws.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- US-Born Citizen Nearly Deported To Jamaica - December 7, 2018
- First Solo Art Exhibition For Maia Chung At Reggae Mill - December 4, 2018
- Dalton Harris Wins The X Factor - December 2, 2018
- Reggae Music Added To Global Cultural Heritage List - December 1, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Advances To X Factor Finals - November 26, 2018
- NRSC Commends Government On Passing Of Road Traffic Act 2018 - November 23, 2018
- Jamaica Defeats USA To Qualify For Rugby League World Cup - November 21, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Delivers Incredible Rendition Of Beyonce’s ‘Listen’ On X Factor UK - November 18, 2018
- Stunning Furnished Home For RENT In Stonebrook Estate - November 12, 2018
- Jamaican Author Dwight Thompson Delivers Hard-Hitting Coming-Of-Age Tale With Debut Novel - November 11, 2018