JC Wins Fifth Consecutive Manning Cup Title
On Friday Jamaica College (JC) earned their fifth-straight ISSA/FLOW urban area Manning Cup title and their 29th overall after defeating St Andrew Technical High School (STATHS) 5-3 on penalties at the National Stadium.
The match went down to the wire with the score locked at 1-1 at the end of full and extra time.
JC took the lead in the 29th minute with a brilliant goal from Shaneil Thomas. Thomas expertly controlled a high ball and evaded a defender before hammering home, leaving the keeper no chance.
STATHS got their equaliser in the 41st minute courtesy of a goal by David Smith who chested a ball into the back of the net from a corner kick.
Both teams created several goal scoring opportunities in the second half but failed to capitalise.
This was the third time the teams faced off this season. The previous two meetings ended in 1-1 draws.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- 100 People Killed In First 20 Days Of 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Primary School To Be Renamed For Veronica Campbell Brown - January 22, 2018
- Three Members Of Family Killed In St Thomas - January 21, 2018
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Cheeky Back-Heel Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - January 20, 2018
- Canadian, British Tourists In St James Urged To Stay Within Resorts - January 20, 2018
- Former West Indies Youth Cricketer Of The Year Xavier Marshall To Represent The USA - January 19, 2018
- Major Military Operation In St James - January 18, 2018
- Bolt To Donate $1 Million To Children’s Home Following Deadly Fire - January 17, 2018
- Mobay Man Charged For Quadruple Murder - January 17, 2018
- Jamaica To Send First Women’s Bobsleigh Team To Olympics - January 16, 2018