JC Wins Fifth Consecutive Manning Cup Title
On Friday Jamaica College (JC) earned their fifth-straight ISSA/FLOW urban area Manning Cup title and their 29th overall after defeating St Andrew Technical High School (STATHS) 5-3 on penalties at the National Stadium.
The match went down to the wire with the score locked at 1-1 at the end of full and extra time.
JC took the lead in the 29th minute with a brilliant goal from Shaneil Thomas. Thomas expertly controlled a high ball and evaded a defender before hammering home, leaving the keeper no chance.
STATHS got their equaliser in the 41st minute courtesy of a goal by David Smith who chested a ball into the back of the net from a corner kick.
Both teams created several goal scoring opportunities in the second half but failed to capitalise.
This was the third time the teams faced off this season. The previous two meetings ended in 1-1 draws.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Rising US Rapper With Jamaican Roots Killed In Florida - June 19, 2018
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018
- Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford - June 12, 2018
- Wayne Marshall Announces Death Of His Father In Touching Social Media Post - June 11, 2018
- Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix - June 10, 2018
- Prime Minister Makes Historic Appearance At G7 Summit! - June 9, 2018