JC Wins Fifth Consecutive Manning Cup Title
On Friday Jamaica College (JC) earned their fifth-straight ISSA/FLOW urban area Manning Cup title and their 29th overall after defeating St Andrew Technical High School (STATHS) 5-3 on penalties at the National Stadium.
The match went down to the wire with the score locked at 1-1 at the end of full and extra time.
JC took the lead in the 29th minute with a brilliant goal from Shaneil Thomas. Thomas expertly controlled a high ball and evaded a defender before hammering home, leaving the keeper no chance.
STATHS got their equaliser in the 41st minute courtesy of a goal by David Smith who chested a ball into the back of the net from a corner kick.
Both teams created several goal scoring opportunities in the second half but failed to capitalise.
This was the third time the teams faced off this season. The previous two meetings ended in 1-1 draws.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Getting De-Inked: Why Jamaicans Are Rethinking Their Tattoos - March 20, 2018
- Jay Z, Beyonce Visit Jamaica - March 20, 2018
- State Of Public Emergency Declared In St. Catherine North Police Division - March 19, 2018
- Plans In Place To Make Port Royal Jamaica’s Next Big Cruise Destination - March 18, 2018
- Jamaican Among Six Killed In Bridge Collapse At Florida University - March 17, 2018
- Police Seize Over 1000 Rounds Of Assorted Ammunition In Cemetery – JCF - March 16, 2018
- Lisa Hanna – “Trump’s Tariffs Could Hurt Jamaica Badly!” - March 15, 2018
- 20 Million Streams On Spotify For Devin Di Dakta - March 15, 2018
- Jamaican Artiste Sues Miley Cyrus For US$300 Million Over ‘We Can’t Stop’ - March 14, 2018
- US$500 Round Trip Flights From Jamaica To Germany Now Being Offered - March 14, 2018